Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

64 Lemans my first pontiac

Just got a 64 Lemans that had been sitting in my coworkers backyard for 20years it was bought by his dad from the original owner, it had the 326 engine rebuilt 20 years ago and never completely reinstalled or because of this never started, sat with intake off and no spark plugs so lots of rust in the cylinders and probably a total loss.

Another coworker gave me a 350 engine and transmission and are currently working on getting that engine pieced together.

IMG_20201003_152213036_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201031_152316126_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201108_175301478.jpg

IMG_20201108_180952815.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks, it might be a while before we get this one back on the road.

Got the engine block at the machine shop right now but it appears that everybody is playing with their toys so they are really swmped.

• Like 1

• Founders
32 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Thanks, it might be a while before we get this one back on the road.

Got the engine block at the machine shop right now but it appears that everybody is playing with their toys so they are really swmped.

I bet with Covid people are taking care of every project they have 😂

• Like 1

Andy really neat score Mate👍, i have a mate here in nz  with a white one, with black interior, they are a super sexy shape:dancingpontiac:

Bloody shame about that 326, i bet it will cost more to bore and rebuild that motor than just buying a brand new one🙄

And Hay welcome to fp:dancingpontiac: keep us up to date with how your project goes.... these guys around here love pictures 👍

• Like 2

Thanks

The 326 would probably have required sleeves on all cylinders so i´m going to see if i can use the 350 i got and put the front cover and all the rest of the sheet metal so that my accessory drives fit. The 350 need one sleeve and i might have to go to 040 over if the adjoining cylinders get to much distorted when they put the sleeve in (its 030 over now)

I may want to try to find some other cylinder heads since the 350 heads cc´ed at 92cc and i like to bump the compression up a few notches.

• Like 2

Cool, great that you have a plan, and let us know how you go👍, dont throw that 326 away, someone may be able to use it👍

bear would be the man to give you some insides to cc heads ,along with JustA... am sure they will see your posts :cheers:

heaps of knowledge her Andy👍

• Like 2