Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Keane165's 1970 LeMans

2022 June
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

67 Firebird 400

Bernie S

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP Bernie. We love pictures, We'd love to see your ride.

We're happy to help, just ask.

• Like 1

Welcome bro! There's a lot of Pontiac knowledge floating around here. Just ask. These guys have helped me out a lot! Pics help, also we just love looking at other peoples rides lol!

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Welcome to FP Bernie. We love pictures, We'd love to see your ride.

We're happy to help, just ask.

hey guys digging out some pictures I have a question regarding my 400 4 sp. fbird seems pretty rare its def 4sp and dual traction arm rear end its champagne in color s-s ( I think not common ) and hood tach car, but how many 433 rear ends production? I'm checking this now as I am restoring it. its pretty cool and super condition. the motor has 670 heads but this is very early production car..the car is apart but have just about all I need

• Like 1

Just now, Bernie S said:

FB_IMG_1529544819755.jpg

it's one of mine not a Pontiac but built myself and now doing 67 fbird.  I am finalizing my friends 67gto and moving to the new project. does anyone have production numbers on 67fbird 400 4spd with 433 rear end? its champagne which is I think pretty rare. I think it's an early production car from April 67 #3609?

Welcome to the site.  Musta heard how much we like pic's.  Very nice.

• Haha 2

thank you! just an amateur but not afraid to get hands dirty and stubborn enough to finish...dont do paint...

love cars ...done a few..

• Like 2

Was JUSTA wondering how I was gonna get my car over the boarder for you to paint for me!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bernie S said:

lol anything I can do to help!

What's the closest crossing?  Detroit  or  Port Huron?  Have you ever made the Dream Cruise?

• Like 1

by the way I know I posted some camaros but big fan Of Pontiac and firebirds- my next build!

1 minute ago, JUSTA6 said:

What's the closest crossing?  Detroit  or  Port Huron?  Have you ever made the Dream Cruise?

lol too funny usually Port Huron..I used visit a very close friend in Arkansas but crossed there often and no unfortunately not dream cruise- next year!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bernie S said:

by the way I know I posted some camaros but big fan Of Pontiac and firebirds- my next build!

lol too funny usually Port Huron..I used visit a very close friend in Arkansas but crossed there often and no unfortunately not dream cruise- next year!

Welcome! Not a thing wrong with Camaro's’ my friend! One of my all time favorites! In the day, bite my tongue, the first gen Camaro's out sold the Firebirds a little more than 3 to 1! I bought a brand new “69” Z in the spring of “70” & owed it for 35 years! Still miss it! That was after owning “64” GTO! 
Anyway, I will presume you know what you have! So the 433 rear end was not a production option in “67” it was in “68” so I would presume someone swapped it  before you bought the car.

• Like 2