Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GTO owner in New Hampshire

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to see it as it progresses.  There's a chance I get my Verduro Green '68 back today.  My heart is racing.

Another frustrating weekend as the shop had the wrong torque converter and seems to have lost mine.  So, Monday I have to order a new one, and that should do it.  Maybe, next weekend....

How do you lose a torque converter? I'd stub my toe on it, have they check their door stops lately? That's an expensive customer item to lose.

Sorry the response has been so slow in coming, I've just been very busy.  The GTO was taken apart several years ago by someone else and parts were strewn around.  When they picked up the car to move it next door to the shop, they picked up what they thought was the torque converter that was laying nearby.  During the whole time they were working on the restroration of the body, floor pans, rockers, etc., the engine and transmission were out of the car, so they never bothered to check it.  Now that everything is back installed is when they realized it was the wrong one.  I have gotten it already from a transmission shop that I have used for other cars and it was inexpensive.  Yesterday, I received the last of the parts needed to finish the car (i hope!).  I am taking them over tomorrow morning and Tuesday or Wednesday, I should be driving my Goat home.  Very exciting, pictures to come soon.