Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi Everyone

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome! 🙂I've always loved the blue / white color combination of that vintage! Where was the picture taken? Guessing by the camera mounted on the windshield (and Corvette stopped behind), it's some type of car cruise?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!!! She is a blast to drive and we have not seen another one like it around here for a very long time. Unfortunately, in CA where we live, there are not a lot of Pontiacs represented which is sad. 

I will try to answer all the questions asked here.

When my dad and I purchased the car back in 1999, it was primarily used for weekend drag racing. It has the original 3 speed automatic and was set up with a ground pounding shift kit. It also had long tube headers installed on the car as well. It has an aftermarket cam installed and aftermarket lifters. When we drove it for the first time we could barely drive it around town from the shift kit being so aggresive and the long tube headers being so low to the ground. We took the shift kit out and went with a set of original exhaust manifolds. So as it sits right now. The only mods that are left are the internal aftermarket componenets to the motor and the race muffler exhaust. As a hobby car and not a show car we have done many cosmetic things to the car such as repainitng the motor, redoing some interior componenets, paint touch ups around the outside and some electrical gremlins we found right away. Recently I just upgrades the Original sealed beams to Sylvania Silverstar sealed lamps since the other ones had ground issues and could not be fixed easily. I think they look pretty good and they are much brighter and safer.

The picture was taken in San Luis Obispo, CA where we live and was taken by a  professional photographer standing out on the street. During the pandemic, the car scene has had to get more creative on how we show our cars. For over 30 years the downtown here has had a farmers market every Thursday evening. Well that got shut down in early Macrh and so they slow started developing a cruise night in our downtown as a replacement and for people to come out and see the cars in the community. Luckily our local police department is out here helping with traffic and assisting in the car cruise instead of shutting it down.

• Like 2