Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Tojan

Hello, new to the site. I’m eager to share a new addition to the car collection. After owning several cars from 1969 Mach1’s to 1970 RT Chargers, I was snooping around the internet looking for a 1966 or 1967 GTO. I also like the early 70’s Grand Prix’s, instead I come across this 1986 Pontiac Tojan. At first glance I thought it was one of those kit cars, and at 59 years young I’d thought I’d probably seen most all the standard production cars out there. Then I’d seen this Tojan. It’s agreed that it is a bit of an odd duckling. But it is growing on me every day. The best part is that after some research I come to find that it actually is a production car the GM contracted with Knudsen Automotive and hand built 136 units over a period of 6 years between 1985 and 1991, of those only 24 were T Tops and additionally 70% left the country after production. So I’m kinda excited about the limited production and believe that once enough exposure and interest is drummed up about this limited car it’s potential for collectibility and value will be very desirable. I love finding out about odd ball limited cars. I get bored with the mustangs and Camaros and chargers. Maybe because I’ve owned a bunch. I like odd ball stuff now. So if anyone has any interest or any info on these odd ball gems please let me know. Thanks john

B0DD42BD-49DE-496A-85FA-F24309144F77.jpeg

4A09B89D-3F2D-4B1D-B8D0-EDEB300ADE51.jpeg

F1F21222-C808-433E-96BD-95C35E3506DC.jpeg

A couple more shots of it...

B443692A-51E2-4F81-A430-D08916FD35C5.jpeg

BE02735B-76A6-4EA6-87F2-56546205BB45.jpeg

966002E2-3C4B-49C3-8D44-A33D9BD71839.jpeg

00953AAB-DC89-410C-AAEC-AA41E5B1A2C2.jpeg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Great to see one of these being owned! Quite an interesting car which was attempted to be a "Ferrari killer" back in the day. For those who don't know about the Tojan, here is a quick article: https://jalopnik.com/the-wild-pontiac-tojan-was-the-f-body-supercar-made-to-1833344639

Look forward to seeing you around!

Thanks for sharing your Tojan. Yours is the second one I've seen. The first one I've seen is owned by Ken Lingenfelter (yes - that Lingenfelter).

I think Jesse James butchered one on an old episode of Monster Garage too.

Hey! New to the site! Jus found it on line! New ride, 1986 Pontiac Tojan. Cool car that I thought was a little bit of an ugly duckling, now. One to fines there’s only a hand full made (136 over a 6 year period) and it’s NOT a kit car it’s actually a hand crafted special order car from only one of four GM dealerships in the country. To boot, only 24 from 1985 to 1991 were T tops, and from the info provided by Knudsen Automotive, the partner with Pontiac in this car, better than 70% of them left the country upon completion. Making them rarer yet. Kinda cool not knowing what deals and rare production Cars and contracts were going on back in the day. This car I found in line while searching for a 1966/1967 GTO and I found the Tojan 6 miles from my moms house in NJ. Apparently Knudsen partnered up with Pontiac and through a special order only you could order this Trans Am GTA and it was sent off to Knudsen and they did the car with a hand crafted fiberglass body, they beefed up the suspension and added 4 wheel disc brakes. They did some modification to the 305 TPI motor and some other cool stuff and the outcome was this cool “ugly duck” that seems to have been forgotten about. I believe it will be a very sought after collected soon after the world knows more about it. In the mean time, I’m looking for ANYTHING anyone might know about these rare birds. Any interest please contact me, thanks john

3D2925B9-C8E3-469C-8CBD-CAD76876264E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ringo64 said:

Great to see one of these being owned! Quite an interesting car which was attempted to be a "Ferrari killer" back in the day. For those who don't know about the Tojan, here is a quick article: https://jalopnik.com/the-wild-pontiac-tojan-was-the-f-body-supercar-made-to-1833344639

Look forward to seeing you around!

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Thanks for sharing your Tojan. Yours is the second one I've seen. The first one I've seen is owned by Ken Lingenfelter (yes - that Lingenfelter).

I think Jesse James butchered one on an old episode of Monster Garage too.

Thanks for the welcome! It seems like a cool site. I’m just starting to explore different areas of the site. I’m kinda excited about this ride because of the limited production and the fact that you just don’t see any around. My 70 charger is probably worth 5X’s more than this thing but I’m more excited about it. After 40 plus  years of car shows and owning cars, you start to get a little tired of the 69 Mach1’s and the chargers and Chevelle and vets. Etc. I mean their cool but I’m looking for odd ball different cars now. I even like some of the old school Oldsmobile station wagons people are fixing up now. I really hope this Tojan gets the proper recognition and it takes off big. Thanks again. Can’t wait to dig in and maybe restore this car. 

I know what you mean. I am sort of the same way when I DVR the Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auto auctions. Ho hum - I zip right pass another Shelby GT500, Hemi Charger R/T, LS6 Chevelle. Oh, look a Buick Caballero, a Studebaker pickup, an Olds Vista Cruiser, a 5-window GMC pickup. Cool.

Good luck with the Tojan. Keep us posted on what you do with it.

Way cool bird....I have seen one in a magazine one time...Never in person...I also own a very low production Firebird...Most people have no clue what they're looking at when they see it....I have a thing for odd obscure factory produced cars especially high performance base model strippers....Welome to the site.....

• Like 1

Love seeing more Tojans on the road. I remember seeing a Tojan GT on highways of Western, Massachusetts back in the late 90s. That was the only Tojan I’ve seen in person besides my convertible. I did not realize that most had left the country, but information about these cars has always been kinda scarce. 

• Like 1