Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

so i was thinking about painting the ram air under my hood with nail polish but i want to make for sure my car isnt going to like over heat or some shit =p so pleassee hellp! and i need some easy quick cheap mods so ideass please!

ps i have no idea if this is the right spot but this is where its going haha.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

over heat with a little "paint"? no. this section seems fine. what colors were you thinking?

I have no idea if nail polish is flammable...

I have a better idea though, buy some Krylon Fusion plastic paint, and use the cap. Spray into the cap to get a small puddle of paint, and use a brush and paint the ram air inlet on top of the radiator. :cheers:

im thinking about painting the black part like a lime green and the ram air a metalic purple

Chaos has the idea and should be fine with some paint. can we see a pic of what exactly you want to paint?

Whoa, really? That would be some crazy scheme.

I have a pic of the Ram Air inlet somewhere, on the BB though. I already have an idea what it'll look like. Very bright. :cheers:

just a thought haha!

my scheme is purple but i figure i could add some green into that..i would love to paint my calipers lime green and get purple neons

4165330026_large-1.jpg

• Founders

Nail polish probably would not be a good idea because it would chip very easily or ware off very easily go with what Chris said as it will last longer and we know it won't damage anything

I forgot, Em...you still have the stock ram air box. :cheers: what's that look like again? :blink: my old one is in pieces in my room somewhere.

But that would be A LOT to paint, lady. I dunno...

Glad to see you and Brendon back together!

yeah i did some quick photoshoping and i think i am just gonna paint the purple and not the green but should i sand it?

and i know im so happy to be back with him =]

and its brennon haha!

on the engine?

do i have to sand it for the 3rd time hahah!

and do i have to use the same paint?

i dont think you have to. if you do, use a light sand paper.

the only purple engine enamel i can find is online unless they have it at like autozone or somewhere