Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Off to the dealership today.

Well, as the title says, me and the G6 are off to the dealership in about an hour. I'm having the generic clunk from the intermediate shaft problem, a slight whine while turning (not fluid related), some very hard shifting (upshifting and downshifting), and the good ol' multi-vehicle problem where the car loses the RF info for the keyless entry and TPMS system. Woo.

I'm slightly weary about the transmission thing since 3 or 4 transmission related posts popped up on G6P.com yesterday. ^_^

Ah well. Nothing like milking the 3 year/36,000 with 35,874 miles on the ticker.

Wish me and the 6 luck.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Treasure your warranty while it lasts! I sure did! ^_^

Everything I could possibly call them on I did, nothing like free labor and parts!

Your car is an O8 so and most of what you described is covered under the 5/100,000 warranty.

I absolutely hate not working on my own car. This is miserable.

Agreed. If it were me, I'd end up working on my car anyway. People think I'm insane for passing up free repair oppertunities. Hell, I wouldn't even go to the dealership for a damn oil change. I sure as hell know any dealership wouldn't carry Castrol Edge, and use the oversized filter for my motor. :)

unfortunately me and transmission repair dont get along very well outside of fluid changes... so im at their mercy at the moment. however a fiero just rolled by in close to mint condition. very nice.

unfortunately me and transmission repair dont get along very well outside of fluid changes... so im at their mercy at the moment. however a fiero just rolled by in close to mint condition. very nice.

Trans issues? o.O Slipping? Missed shifts?

yeah my moms car has the whining in the stearing weel and the dealer told her it was a known problem but they cant fix it..so we have just been dealing with it.

• Founders
' date='Mar 18 2010, 09:49 AM' post='17738']

Agreed. If it were me, I'd end up working on my car anyway. People think I'm insane for passing up free repair oppertunities. Hell, I wouldn't even go to the dealership for a damn oil change. I sure as hell know any dealership wouldn't carry Castrol Edge, and use the oversized filter for my motor. :)

My problem was back when my warranty was good, I had no where to work :lol2: I had the parking lot at USF which was a death hazard for me or major damage for the 6er just waiting to happen if I jacked it up and was even under it for a minute. People drove so fast through the spots, I didn't risk it. Plus its free work and worst come to worst you have someone to blame if they screw up, not just the ungodly feeling of "OH CRAP!" lol. Also some few things I just find it easier to take it in and get it done, especially on the G6. Once I get my GTO or TA all work will be done by me.

How'd it go BTW tunicwriter?

Back home now with a rental (2009 G6 GT, go figure). They diagnosed the whine in the steering as a bad rack and pinion, so that's goin' in. They're fixing the keyless entry BS and getting me another key fob for free. They couldn't reproduce the tranny problems I was having (hard shift from 2nd to 3rd), but I still have plenty of powertrain warranty left. So that's that.

Oh, and thanks Killiger for comin' out and chillin' with me in the waiting room :)

So... The new rack is leaking. Going back to the dealership Monday... I'd imagine a few people aren't going to be happy to see me, as I'm pretty peeved about this.

dude i have school im sorry man id chill with u but i have class at 8

It's cool, I'm back from the dealer. Talked to the service manager, who wasn't happy to see me, having already dealt with me once. He put me in a rental car and sent me home before they even looked at the car. The shop foreman is working on the car himself. Interesting how customer service comes back into the picture after the customer gets pissed off.

' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:56 AM' post='18201']

I hope they don't blame it on you. Like most dealerships love to do.

That'd be funny. Not only am I mechanic by trade, I have close ties to those in the field of law (think immediate family). They'd have a hard time trying to justify something like that to me while at the same time getting past that little thing called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Not happenin'.

Lucky. If anything, thank god we don't have Nissans, they are the worst. You look at a Nissan wrong, and they'll cancel the warranty. They've done it to quite a few people I know. Hell, they won't even replace a battery under warranty. :lol2:

Lucky. If anything, thank god we don't have Nissans, they are the worst. You look at a Nissan wrong, and they'll cancel the warranty. They've done it to quite a few people I know. Hell, they won't even replace a battery under warranty. :lol2:

We had a Nissan once. Never had a problem with them. If I had this experience I'm having now and wasn't such a fanboy for GM, I'd probably be jumping ship right about now.

That's ghey.

But Nissans, a lot of people got fucked with the faulty catalytic converters on 2.5L equipped Altimas and Sentra SE-R's. The pre-cat in the exhaust manifold would collapse, then the motor would suck in the debris, and the motor would either get royally scored up or seize. It was clearly a defect, and even proven so, but Nissan wanted nothing to do with it, basically said all the owners were at fault because of neglect.

Yeah, well, what marquee wouldn't do that if they could get away with it? Business-wise, not to say it's right, they avoided a massive recall and got away with it, so far.

I would never buy a cra from a company that offers an option on a car, and then voids your warranty if you use that option. I think we all know what I am talking about (talking to you stupid GTR) :lol2: