Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

lim going out??? ot t stat? help please

ok i spotted a huge spot of were anitfreeze has just puddled and i dont no what it could be here pics

this is were all the crap is puddleing up below the t stat

Photo0061.jpg

close up better shot

Photo0060.jpg

the puddle :welcomeFP:

Photo0059.jpg

over all shot

Photo0059.jpg

i really home this is not my lim i cant afford it so any help would be really great ful

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Mar 6 2010, 06:13 PM' post='14985']

Ack. LIM gakset is going. Are you filling up the coolant bottle often? How does your oil look? Do you have moisture build up underneath the oil cap?

just got an oil change and i have alot left and i havent filled it for a couple months

Well, I think it's seeping outwards before leaking in apparently. Odd...

I'd take the front valve cover off and see what sort of condinsation build up is going on in there.

Are you shure it is not coming from the thermostat housing? Can't tell from the pic is there a coolant temp sensor on the bottom of the pipe? Just curious what does lim stand for?

Are you shure it is not coming from the thermostat housing? Can't tell from the pic is there a coolant temp sensor on the bottom of the pipe? Just curious what does lim stand for?

LIM = Lower Intake Manifold.

The LA1 is notorious for the LIM gasket leak, as with most prior 60*V6 motors.

The newer LX9, LZ4 and LZ9 benefit from a superior LIM design, with no leaks.

Tracerline makes a kit for adding a flourescent dye to the coolant so you can see where it is coming from. The kits are not cheap but I have used them before. I bought one at Princess Auto in Canada but you might find one at Harbour Freight Tools. They do not work as well but good enough for the weekend wrench.

I would also just take some time and clean out the area and dry it. Then run the motor for some time and see if you can see the leak. My Edelbrock intake on my truck leaks from time to time as the thermostat housing cools and contracts. Since it is not a lot of coolant I would probably lean towards that for now. Have you pulled a spark plug to two.

My LIM leaked outward instead of inward just like that.

Unfortunately I would say it's VERY likely that it's the LIM. :cheers: