Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have installed the B&M shift kits before and they have performed as expected. The stage 2 kits are pretty good for a mild built engine. The Stage 3 kits are a little strong on the 2-3 shifts but will be very annoying on the street.

Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the transgo from what others have told me. Hey Joe, Shoot me an update on your outcome when you get a chance, Good luck and thanks again.

Any input on Transgo or B&M shift kits? I am hearing that Transgo is the way to go....

I'm showing my age with this one....I installed a B&M shift kit in my '73 Lemans Sport Coupe with a 350 V8 and TH375-B back in 1979 when I was 19 years old. It was fairly easy. I did the stage I only since I didn't have a modified motor and it performed very well. The shifts were definitely a lot firmer but still very comfortable for the street.

So B&M has my vote. That said, what are you putting it in, how hot is the motor and tranny?

Thanks for the reply Frosty, Don't worry buddy I graduated high school in 79 so I am right there with you....Its a 400 motor. Small cam, ram air heads and exhaust manifolds, double roller chain. 400 trans with 367 pro-built posi rear. Just want to chirp that 2nd when I'm in the mood. Trans is in good shape, oil color is great and smells fine. I was told by the previous owner that there was a shift kit in there but I am not convinced. 1st to 2nd shifts like any normal trans, 2nd to 3rd goes in a lot quicker. I have been doing some reading on these transgo kits and it seems less invasive with great results....

Hey I right there with you pal. I support anything that means less work for me. Give the transgo a shot and let us know your experience.