Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Video: First C7 Corvette to pass 200 MPH does it on a Texas toll road

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Aftermarket, Coupe, Performance, Videos, Chevrolet

hennessey-corvette-toll-road-03.jpg

We knew that once Hennessey Performance got its hands on the seventh-generation Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, big things were going to happen. A 200.6-mile-per-hour run on a closed section of Texas' brand-new State Highway 99, was just a shade bigger than what we were expecting. The run was also a test of the new toll road - which Hennessey founder John Hennessey called "perfectly smooth" - and the RFID toll system, which was still able to tag the Corvette at 200 miles per hour (toll dodgers beware). The blistering run was, naturally, caught on video, which we've included at the bottom of the page.

The car you see here is fitted with what Hennessey calls the HPE600 package, and includes long-tube headers, ported cylinder heads, high-flow catalytic converters, and an HPE camshaft and engine tune. There's also a 100-shot of nitrous oxide available from a Nitrous Express kit, just for that little extra bit of punch. The result is 700 horsepower, up from the standard Stingray's 460 ponies.

If you're still scoping out that list of modifications and are wondering why the word "supercharger" doesn't appear, then take solace in the fact that Hennessey will deliver a blown Stingray, which it claims can crack 200 without the laughing gas. Called the HPE700, it adds a TVS2300 supercharger and new induction system to the list of goodies found on the HPE600, and will cost $22,500.

We have the entire video of the run down below, along with photos and videos of the epic run.

Continue reading First C7 Corvette to pass 200 MPH does it on a Texas toll road

First C7 Corvette to pass 200 MPH does it on a Texas toll road originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=B3__8vRyaTU:ecP6-A7YdMU:wF9xT autoblog?i=B3__8vRyaTU:ecP6-A7YdMU:V_sGL
B3__8vRyaTU

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/B3__8vRyaTU/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Those toll roads are awesome! I drove on a couple when I was driving from my hotel to COTA for the V8 Supercars race and they were WIDE open. It was a blast! haha