Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ok so about a year ago I had line x spray the under carriage of my grand am, my car needs to be repainted a lot of people are saying that a should have them match my paint numbers and paint my car with line x. We have been having a lot of people doing it around here, I just want to know what you guys think about it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ok so about a year ago I had line x spray the under carriage of my grand am, my car needs to be repainted a lot of people are saying that a should have them match my paint numbers and paint my car with line x. We have been having a lot of people doing it around here, I just want to know what you guys think about it.

You don't have a jeep. There's no reason for it, don't do it.

I asked on here because i trust your imput and suggestions. I think they say i should do it because it would be different. I do have to say that the trucks they are doing it to look nice, and yes i know i said trucks. It is very protective.

• Founders

I asked on here because i trust your imput and suggestions. I think they say i should do it because it would be different. I do have to say that the trucks they are doing it to look nice, and yes i know i said trucks. It is very protective.

IMO I wouldn't do it just to be different. If YOU like the look and think its worth it then go for it. I personally don'tsee any benefits on a street car.

didnt Mythbusters (or some other show) do the liner paint job?

They did. They used rhino liner on an old Ford Tempo, they did prove it'll hold up on bumpers on light impacts (5mph) but that's about it.

Like I said, there's no benefit of it, unless you have a Jeep or some four wheeler.