Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Official: Chevy Impala goes from bottom to top of Consumer Reports sedan rankings

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Sedan, Chevrolet

impala-cr-top-rank.jpg

It's got a new design, it's got new objectives, it's got a five-star crash-test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, it's a central part of what could be Chevrolet's "strongest, most competitive retail sedan lineup ever," and now the 2014 Chevrolet Impala has added Turnaround Artist to its resume, going from last to first in Consumer Reports' large sedan ratings.

As if it didn't earn itself a couple of beers for that alone, the triumph is all the more noteworthy because the Impala is the first domestic sedan in 20 years to reach that position. CR only began rating cars with a score in 1992, and since then the number one slot has been from Japan 11 times, Europe nine times.

The Impala conquered with features like its "surprisingly agile handling," "excellent braking," "generally high-quality materials" and a technology interface that is "refreshingly intuitive and easy to use." Going beyond its segment in worth, whereas the previous Impala scored a 63, this one scored a 95; only the BMW 135i coupe and Tesla Model S have scored higher. And wait until you get to the part where it's considered "competitive with... the Audi A6 and Lexus LS460L...."

Yeah, you read that right. And you can read even more of it in the press release below.

Continue reading Chevy Impala goes from bottom to top of Consumer Reports sedan rankings

Chevy Impala goes from bottom to top of Consumer Reports sedan rankings originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 25 Jul 2013 06:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=60dvHRXCHpw:c0C9kTmb6P4:wF9xT autoblog?i=60dvHRXCHpw:c0C9kTmb6P4:V_sGL
60dvHRXCHpw

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/60dvHRXCHpw/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This only strengthens my thoughts that the Chevy SS should have been named the Impala SS instead. Of course, I also still think they should have made the V6 and GT versions of the G8 with the Impala nameplate after Pontiac went away. Would have made the Impala a respectable car back in 2010 rather than waiting until now...

Mhmm, but better late than never. I love the new Impala. I've driven one :D Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

And....what was your impression?

• Founders

Mhmm, but better late than never. I love the new Impala. I've driven one :D Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't driven one but I've seen a couple in person and sat in one. Definitely a fantastic car. Trying to edge my dad into buying one...

And....what was your impression?

The best damn sedan I've ever driven. Its just flawless. Its a big car like my Grand Prix and Phoenix. Even though my Phoenix is a 2door, I just love big cars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2