Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Video: Mr. Checkpoint tweets sobriety check locations, raises hackles [w/poll]

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Etc., Government/Legal, Safety, Videos

mr-checkpoint-628.jpg

There's a better-than-average chance that you or someone you care about had a cocktail, a beer or a glass of wine to celebrate Memorial Day and its attendant long weekend. Hopefully, if you were doing your celebrating outside of the walkable zone from your place of residence, you made arrangements to get home without driving yourself. If you live in southern California, some of those arrangements might have involved checking in with a personality that goes by the name of Mr. Checkpoint.

Mr. Checkpoint is the branded handle of entrepreneur Sennett Devermont, who offers a service that will alert you of DUI checkpoints in your area (as long as your area is in SoCal, at least for the time being). Mr. Checkpoint has more than 43,000 followers on Twitter, around 5,000 fans on Facebook and plans for an iPhone app in the next month. Devermont uses those social outlets, along with text messages and his own website, to alert drivers about DUI checkpoint locations. For his part, Devermont believes that Mr. Checkpoint is raising awareness about the dangers of driving under the influence; he's even reported as saying that he made his service free when he learned about the positive impact it was having.

Others, including the executive director of Mothers Against Drunk Driving in Los Angeles, believe that Mr. Checkpoint merely provides a way for potentially dangerous drivers to evade law enforcement officers. You can get the full version of the Mr. Checkpoint story and controversy, but scrolling down to watch the video below. After you do, make sure to vote in our poll on the subject, too.

View Poll

Continue reading Mr. Checkpoint tweets sobriety check locations, raises hackles [w/poll]

Mr. Checkpoint tweets sobriety check locations, raises hackles [w/poll] originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 28 May 2013 19:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=INrYkvKESqY:vPi3YgWpLes:wF9xT autoblog?i=INrYkvKESqY:vPi3YgWpLes:V_sGL
INrYkvKESqY

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/INrYkvKESqY/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

While I never needed this when I was in SoCal, I am going to have to side with the MADD women and say that's its just a way to avoid the LEOs.

Just don't drink and drive and you won't have to worry about the traffic stops.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

• Founders

Aren't DUI checkpoints public knowledge anyway? or is that an urban myth? How else does he get the info?

Ultimately would agree the best solution is to not drive drunk.

Aren't DUI checkpoints public knowledge anyway? or is that an urban myth? How else does he get the info?

Ultimately would agree the best solution is to not drive drunk.

I have no idea if they are public or not...

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.