Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Kid runs from Cops in Camaro

Ringo64

• Founders
Stole this from Camaro5... Honestly who does stuff this stupid? You shouldn't own a nice car like a Camaro if you abuse the rules of the road.

:facepalm:

Teen Learns High Cost of Evading

319031_255487274574692_1412115996_n.jpg

A Splendora teen had a fast car, but not fast enough to outrun his bad decisions. They caught up with him Wednesday evening after he decided to run from law enforcement.

Around 6 p.m., Capt. Mark Seals of the Pct. 4 Constable’s Office was northbound on US 59 in a marked patrol vehicle when a silver 2010 Camaro passed him at a speed in excess of 120 miles per hour. Capt. Seals activated his emergency equipment and attempted to initiate a traffic stop, but the Camaro’s driver accelerated and refused to comply. The pursuit continued north on US 59, with the Camaro exiting the freeway at Fostoria Road.

The Camaro’s driver, 17-year-old Christian Raines, disregarded the signal light and blew through the intersection continuing at a high rate of speed and then turning west on Coleman Road. Raines, still traveling at dangerous speeds, attempted to drive through the neighborhood to reenter the freeway. However, a precinct 4 deputy responded in his patrol vehicle and managed to block Raines from getting back onto the freeway.

Captain Seals was then able to complete the traffic stop. After Raines stopped, deputies discovered he had two very shaken passengers. When asked why he refused to stop, Raines said he did not want a ticket. His passengers said they were pleading with him to stop, but he refused.

The Camaro had no liens against it and was seized under chapter 59 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, which deals with contraband and asset forfeiture.

The teen’s Facebook page indicated he had successfully evaded law enforcement on US 59 at least once, or he really wanted his friends to believe that. On November 28, "near Splendora," the teen posted "Patton Village cops, just give up. One of his friends then commented, telling him to choose between surrendering to police or being handed over by his friend. Another friend responded to the post with, "What’d you do now lol".

RAINES1_thumb.jpg

image_thumb16.png

Christian Raines is charged with third-degree felony Evading Arrest/Detention in a Vehicle. The charge was enhanced because he had prior citations for speeds over 120 mph. Raines’ bond was set at $5,000.

So I guess he didn't use the first ticket of 120+ speeds as a warning.

Credit to Lawdog1911 Who found this article. I just stole it :D

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Can't outrun a radio. When your putting everyone else on the road with ya, in danger like that. Then start blasting through neighborhoods where kids play. STUPID

Kids will do stupid things, that's kind of expected...

But the more I look that this, the more it seems like the parents didn't give a fuck. I know I'd be terrified of my father if I EVER pulled something like that.

• Founders

Kids will do stupid things, that's kind of expected...

But the more I look that this, the more it seems like the parents didn't give a fuck. I know I'd be terrified of my father if I EVER pulled something like that.

Exact same here.