Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Review: 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Porsche, New Car Reviews, LuxuryOn The Move, Stuttgart's Icon Recalibrates The Scales

2013-porsche-911-carrera-s-review.jpg

Like any sensible person, I hate moving with the burning intensity of a thousand white-hot suns. Odd, then, that I've become so proficient at it. A serial renter now in my mid-30s, I've moved every couple of years like clockwork. I've long since outgrown the whole "impose on friends in exchange for pizza and beer" thing, yet despite the temptation, I've not gotten so lazy that I simply flip open my checkbook to hire professionals to box up my belongings. Even though I despise packing, with its irritatingly expensive supplies and the discovery of long-dormant dust from hidden corners, I've always taken the time to carefully inspect and wrap my possessions, pruning unnecessaries as I go.

So it was with moving to my first newly purchased house earlier this year. Clearing out the garage spaces in my Detroit loft was particularly tough work this time around, as was prepping my modest car collection for the move. While it probably would've made more sense to clean the cars once I reached my new home, I decided to take the time to unsoil dusty interiors and rub fingerprints from tired sheetmetal, if only to inspect them before the transporter arrived. It's been said you can learn the most about a car's design just by cleaning it, and it's true. I got the chance to appreciate the compact form of my red Porsche 930 Speedster all over again, and cleaning my silver 993 reminded me of just how much I preferred its curves to the departing 996 generation. Parked side-by-side, it's also plainly evident just how much the 911 has grown in size over the years.

It was all so instructive, as I had just had a weeklong rendezvous in the new 991 generation seen here - a stint made all the more enjoyable by the fact that the red 2012 911 Carrera S was real, full-scale and large as life, unlike the decidedly less dynamic 1/18th scale diecast model collection I packed away for the move.

Continue reading 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S

2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=F7F3SeG9j44:Iya5aicx9ds:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=F7F3SeG9j44:Iya5aicx9ds:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>F7F3SeG9j44

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/F7F3SeG9j44/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!