Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Video: Place Your Bets: Dodge Challenger SRT8 takes on... an MD500 helicopter?

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Motorsports, Coupe, Performance, Etc., Videos, Dodge, Humorheli-car-race.jpg

Here at Autoblog, obsessively covering the automotive industry sometimes takes us places we'd never have expected. Today is one of those days.

In the video pasted below, you'll see a very nice Dodge Challenger SRT8 - modified in some way if the quoted 490 horsepower figure is accurate - lining itself up on a long, straight stretch of tarmac. Pulling up alongside... or rather, setting itself down, is a McDonnel Douglass MD500 helicopter. Yep, we said helicopter.

So, is this a fair race? We have no idea. For starters, there's no indication as to how long this runway may be, and we don't know the various skills of the pilot or driver. Do we care? No, not really. The race results in a fun video, which you can watch below, and we suggest you keep your eyes peeled all the way through for a little surprise.

Continue reading Place Your Bets: Dodge Challenger SRT8 takes on... an MD500 helicopter?

Place Your Bets: Dodge Challenger SRT8 takes on... an MD500 helicopter? originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=rc4Js4I2NRA:EdKGxFQJDYE:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=rc4Js4I2NRA:EdKGxFQJDYE:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>rc4Js4I2NRA

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/rc4Js4I2NRA/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!