Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

THAAAA BIIIGGG EEEEE!!!

havoc1482

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' timestamp='1347502816' post='75243']

Dude, I've been out of the picture from MA for over 13 years now. :lol:

"The first Eastern States Exposition occurred in 1917"

nigga please....

"The first Eastern States Exposition occurred in 1917"

nigga please....

The only real big event I remember as a kid every year was the airshows at Hanscom Airforce base in Bedford. :lol:

Havoc - why don't you enlighten us that are not from out East what this event is, what is all about, etc.? Perhaps even an event link....just a suggestion.

• Founders

Havoc - why don't you enlighten us that are not from out East what this event is, what is all about, etc.? Perhaps even an event link....just a suggestion.

The Big E is short for "The Big Exposition" it happens in Western Massachusetts in the Springfield/Holyoke area (I actually forgot the correct name of the fair grounds :o). Basically it is just a huge state fair that has a lot of different items from all over New England.

My grandpa's birthday is next week, this year plus last year I've gone up for it to meet with family and we usually go. The Big E is interesting but I wouldn't say it would draw me up there each year solely by itself :lol:

http://www.thebige.com/fair/

The Big E, also known as The Eastern States Exposition, is billed as "New England's Great State fair". The Big E serves as the de facto state fair for all six of the New England states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Each of the New England states is prominently represented at the fair. The Big E is the sixth largest agricultural fair in the country, and the largest in New England.

Located in New England's Knowledge Corridor region, directly across the Memorial Bridge from the City of Springfield, Massachusetts, The Big E is held every autumn in West Springfield, Massachusetts. Each year, the fair opens on the second Friday after Labor Day and runs for seventeen days.

Now that's cool. I actually learned something about New England.

I have been to the Michigan State Fair years ago. In the 90s, I went to the Dallas (Texas) State Fair which use to conclude with the Texas-Oklahoma game at the old Cotton Bowl stadium on the fair grounds. So I was walking around downtown Dallas watching the parade of Texas and OU fans whooping it up the night before the game. I was wearing my University of Michigan shirt (it was also Michigan vs Michigan State weekend that year). So I confused the hell out of them. Most of them wished us luck too.

State fairs are cool but the carnies can be creepy!

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.