Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Review: 2012 Buick Verano

• Founders

Filed under: Sedan, Buick, GM, New Car ReviewsBaby Buick Makes Quiet Case As An Almost-Luxury Car

03-2012-buick-verano-review-1336572086.jpg

It's no secret that Buick is one of the most prominent automakers in China, but the vehicle that's leading the charge in the People's Republic may come as a surprise. The top-selling car in the world's largest auto market last year was the Buick Excelle, a C-segment sedan that just so happens also to be a version of the 2012 Buick Verano that's now on sale here in the United States.

The Verano has only been on sale here for a few months, but as you might expect, U.S. buyers aren't quite as excited about the latest Buick offering as our Chinese counterparts, at least not in the early going. March sales came in at a modest 2,497 units (the Excelle family scored 23,179 April sales in China), making the Verano the least-purchased Buick for that month, while April's 2,989 units were just enough to beat the Regal in Buick's sales portfolio. Do Chinese buyers know something that we don't, or does the littlest Buick just need time to win us over?

Continue reading 2012 Buick Verano

2012 Buick Verano originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 09 May 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=DVPebu0w6pI:B7Gmcd1CdHw:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=DVPebu0w6pI:B7Gmcd1CdHw:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>DVPebu0w6pI

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/DVPebu0w6pI/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

You'd be surprised how many Pontiac d00ds I've seen be angered by Buick's existence over Pontiac.

Even funnier when they rage when cornered with facts and logic.

' timestamp='1336585771' post='71564']

You'd be surprised how many Pontiac d00ds I've seen be angered by Buick's existence over Pontiac.

Even funnier when they rage when cornered with facts and logic.

Well, I love all GM. Well, I think GMC could have been replaced for Chevy, because they make the same thing besides commercial vehicles, but even then some of it is the same. But the Buick sales in China means its a keeper.

I get upset over GMCs existence over Pontiac.

I've lost track of how many fools I've tried to show WHY Buick was kept, and Pontiac wasn't.

Pontiac has it's heritage, sure. The "sporty" side of GM. But GM looked at their bankrupt situation like any other business: trim the fat, and keep the profitable branches.

Pontiac had no chance against the global sales of Chevy, Buick and Cadillac. GMC was kept because of the huge commercial sales presence they have. Pontiac's sales, like Saturn, Hummer and Saab, were just not there, and were axed. Even with sources shown, I'd still be raged at, people saying I'm "not a GM fan/not a Pontiac fan" Sorry, I'm a realist, and when you set aside your emotion and passion for the company, and look at it from a logical business view, it made complete sense.

I agree with you completely.

To be honest, I think it would be cool if someday they released a Firebird or Trans Am as a single car for a short run. Far fetched, I know, but a boy can dream can't he?

lolno

The "bodykits" for the 5th gen Camaro to make it a Firebird/Trans Am are hideous.

Hopefully the 6th gen Camaro built off of the Cadillac ATS's Alpha platform will not be ugly as sin.

• Founders

It is only natural to get emotional when passionate but that's not an excuse when you can see the facts :lol:. I am happy GM is what it is now being a little leaner aka buying my Camaro but will still have that passion for Pontiac. I know why GM made the decision and I am sure others see it, it's just the whole letting go thing is hard.

' timestamp='1336602120' post='71573']

Hopefully the 6th gen Camaro built off of the Cadillac ATS's Alpha platform will not be ugly as sin.

:P

' timestamp='1336602120' post='71573']

lolno

The "bodykits" for the 5th gen Camaro to make it a Firebird/Trans Am are hideous.

Did I say 5th gen body kits? No, I f*cking did not. I'm not talking about some aftermarket shop made bullshit. I'm talking real GM shit from a factory. And my post said "someday" implying "future", don't assume I meant 5th gen...

stand your ground havoc. :lol: and it would be cool if they bring it back along with the GTO.

I saw a loaded one today at the dealer and im impressed. Real nice for a gas sipper!