Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Report: Maserati looking to double global dealer network to capitalize on new model push

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Car Buying, Sedan, Performance, Etc., Europe, Crossover, Maserati, Luxurymaserati-kubang-concept-628.jpg

According to Automotive News, Maserati is looking to expand its dealer network in a big way. The luxury Italian automaker intends to double its dealers by the end of next year in an attempt to take advantage of a rash of new models heading for production. All told, Maserati intends to have around 500 showrooms open by the time the new vehicles roll in, and CEO Harald Wester says that the majority of the growth will happen this year. While the automaker sold just under 6,200 units last year, Wester wants to see that number swell to 40,000 in 2014 and 60,000 by 2015.

That's a substantial jump, but with an all-new Quattroporte on the way as well as a production version of the not-yet-named Kubang, Wester believes the numbers are attainable. Maserati has also made it clear the company will offer an entry level sedan positioned below the big Quattroporte, which will likely do a smart job of bringing in even more customers.

Maserati looking to double global dealer network to capitalize on new model push originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=WISWUGPPU-U:5e073kCM3AI:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=WISWUGPPU-U:5e073kCM3AI:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>WISWUGPPU-U

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/WISWUGPPU-U/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' timestamp='1331561980' post='68195']

What they don't mention, is how Maserati's quality will hold up by quadrupling their production numbers.

It will take a shitter. GM and the other company's have learned the hard way to do both for the most part, but a new player? I have my doubts unless they have studied other companies.

GM and Maserati are completely different as far as the final product goes. Time will tell, but Maserati may find it hard to keep to their current high standards with increased volume like this.

I have been in a few late model Maerati Quadroportte and Gran Turismo models...I'd hate to see that excellent attention to detail go away.

Speaking of Maserati, I'd love to have a Quadroportte someday, amazing vehicle.