Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Detroit: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo gets latest early reveal

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Performance, Hatchback, Hyundai06-2013-hyundai-veloster-turbo-opt.jpg

Another embargo has fallen by the wayside, at least partially. We have a lot to tell you about the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, but much of it has to wait until the car is revealed tomorrow afternoon at the Detroit Auto Show.

What we can show and tell you, what's already out and about on the Internet, are these three images and the basic specs below.

Note that the standard Veloster's 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine produces only 138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque. The extra 63 horsepower afforded by the addition of a turbocharger, among other mechanical upgrades we'll talk about later, makes the Veloster instantly competitive with other sport compacts like the Volkswagen GTI, Honda Civic Si and Mini Cooper S.

Make sure to come back tomorrow afternoon when we call tell you all we know about the 2012 Veloster Turbo, as well as share live images from its debut at the Detroit Auto Show.

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

• 201 horsepower / 196 lb-ft of torque
  • 6-Speed manual or automatic transmission
  • 2,800 pounds (up from 2,584 pounds)
  • 27 City / 38 Hwy

This time, we were rewarded with a couple of images and the basic weight/powertrain details. Specifically, we know power is boosted a whole helluva lot from 138 horsepower to 201 horsepower. Torque is also up to 195 lb-ft of torque from the now paltry-seeming 123 lb-ft of torque.

Transmission choices still include the 6-speed manual and automatic. Weight is also up from 2,584 pounds to 2,800 pounds, which puts it lower than the Civic Si Coupe and GTI with comparable power. The projected fuel economy is 27 mpg city and 38 mpg, which blows away the other hot hatches (the best is the 27/35 mpg for the 2012 Cooper S).

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo gets latest early reveal originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 08 Jan 2012 19:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=8lcMs7-i9Ys:KVTrDFf4t1Y:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=8lcMs7-i9Ys:KVTrDFf4t1Y:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>8lcMs7-i9Ys

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/8lcMs7-i9Ys/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I really liked those cars in the photos and the website. Then I checked one out that a friend of mine bought. The turbo may make it faster but it still looks dumpy to me in real life.

I have wanted one of these since I saw them in person in Chicago last year. The rally car is awesome, and I loved the production models. I still wish they would make a two door version, but this just made me want one a lot more!

I could totally see myself owning one of these.

And I agree, AWD would be epic.