Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

You now live in a world with a ZR1-powered pickup truck

Jedi3

You now live in a world with a ZR1-powered pickup truck

zr1-truck.jpg

Stuffing engine A into automobile B has been part an enthusiast rite of passage for decades. Fast-forward to 2011, and someone has finally jumped to engine Z. Rather, they've taken the engine from a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, and slung it betwixt the front fenders of a Silverado pickup truck.

Ford Lightning owners, Dodge Ram SRT owners and Toyota Tundra TRD owners... bow to your new master.

For those of you not familiar with this particular engine (how?), allow us to enlighten you. What you're looking at above is the LS9 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine. The power output is rated at 638 horses and 604 pound-feet of torque, and all that forward go is now propelling the rear wheels of a Silverado pickup.

Someone get sandbags, high-octane fuel and a video camera, because we want to see this rig run down the drag strip. Our hats off to the mad minds at Houston-based Fastlane for their unholy creation.

[source: Fastlane via Motor Authority]

& Autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/12/you-now...d-pickup-truck/

there site

http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/index.aspx

and there facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/FastlaneInc#!/...laneInc?sk=wall

Holly crap! :) that thing must screw!!! :lol: I so want to see more including a video!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

That's just scary, with the lack of weight in the back and that much power but scary in a good way :lol:

Definitely need to see this thing go down a track!

This is why I love American car enthusiasts!!! Things like this Toyota and Honda just cant hold a candle to....

:dancingpontiac:

Bah! ZR1. LS9. Liters?! These terms confuse me! I want an engine displacement!!

6.2 liters = 376 cubic inches :cheers:

and I :dancingpontiac: bring back cubic inches it sounds more sexy IMO but only on V8s. 4 bangers not so much lol 2.4 liters = 146 cubic inches . ;) Thats the reason they started using liters cuz liters sounds like more/bigger.

6.2 liters = 376 cubic inches :D

:dancingpontiac:;)

and I :cheers: bring back cubic inches it sounds more sexy IMO but only on V8s. 4 bangers not so much lol 2.4 liters = 146 cubic inches . ;) Thats the reason they started using liters cuz liters sounds like more/bigger.

Yeah. I'm so used to engine displacement that it is hard for me to get a good idea of power unless it is given to me in CIs :lol:

I guess I'm just a classic car guy :D

That's just scary, with the lack of weight in the back and that much power but scary in a good way :dancingpontiac:

Definitely need to see this thing go down a track!

nothing some cement blocks or a hunk of steel couldn't fix. :cheers:

diesel guys run around with the same amount and sometimes more power without problems.

There also working on a 1971 Stingray with a LS9 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine ZR1 (376 cubic inches) :dancingpontiac: That a light year for the Vette so thats even more sick! :cheers: But sick in a good way. ;)

DSC_0499.jpg

• Founders

nothing some cement blocks or a hunk of steel couldn't fix. :D

diesel guys run around with the same amount and sometimes more power without problems.

Difference between this and a diesel is that the diesel was built, designed and measured from the ground up in factory to do that, this was a drop in motor, although I'm sure they did some upgrades but I just don't see it having no problems. Don't get me wrong though, if I had the money and loved my Silverado enough to do this, I would.

Difference between this and a diesel is that the diesel was built, designed and measured from the ground up in factory to do that, this was a drop in motor, although I'm sure they did some upgrades but I just don't see it having no problems. Don't get me wrong though, if I had the money and loved my Silverado enough to do this, I would.

don't get me wrong i think the whole thing is cool. i sure hope they did something with the rear end.