Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Filled motor mount

Hey guys....Im not too sure Id consider this a performance mod, but I filled my tranny mount with windo weld, and I have to say that I can def tell the difference. I bought my front MM insert from Racingline and sold my tranny one, cause I didnt think it needed it. Dont ever do what I did and sell the tranny mount cause if you want smoother shifts buy the insert or fill it in. It also feels like theirs more power to the ground too, imho.

So if you have the time and can afford for your car to be down for a day....I highly recommend it.

This is the stuff....

mt00.jpg

It cost me 17 bucks w/ military discount at Advance Auto. :D

I did this mod without thinking of taking pics...sorry :lol2: BUT I can take some if yall want... ;)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wait, theres a military discount at AA?

The one thats in my town there is.... :P

And thank you much...Killiger2009 B)

--------------------------------------------------

This is the how to I followed...I know its for an Eclipse but it was very helpfull

Windo Weld

Window Weld works for a while. but after a year or two it's likely to harden up and crack and break. i had one break apart and return to stock form basically B) it is a good cheap mod, but if you want a nice long term modification there's ways to do it better. 2-part polyurethane mix from mcmaster-carr is awesome, it's 30 bucks a can though, and only does a mount and a half for my car....

I dont plan on having my car for 2 more years, but if it cracks and breaks, Ill just do it again.......no biggie. It wouldve paid for itself by then anyway... B) I live in TN, so I dont have to worry too much about harsh weather.

This is a cheap way of doing it, but it does get the job done, and Im 100% happy with it. With that being said....."do at your own risk" (thanks for that info redbird)

Hey, when it breaks...I def give what you said a shot. :P Thanks

cool. great job. and, how could you forget the pics?

:agreed: You knew this would happen! And of course people, don't you always ask for if they have military discount, I know I do :badGT:

Heres a video of how little my engine moves with the filled motor mounts... :)

Sorry it was the only angle I could get.

th_MOV01345.jpg

It moves very little...

• Founders

Heres a video of how little my engine moves with the filled motor mounts... ;)

Sorry it was the only angle I could get.

th_MOV01345.jpg

It moves very little...

Photobucket FAIL!

The action that you were trying to perform has failed.

Should have used youtube :lol2:

• 1 month later...

not to burst anyone's bubble, but honda guys have been filling their motor mounts for ages with this window weld and/or polyurethane sealer.

never heard of problems with it "getting hard" and cracking and breaking. its polyurethane rubber. it stays flexible. ive even seen pictures of a crashed honda that took a big front end impact, and the mounts still held. they were over a year old at that point.

also, i have used this to repair two trailing arm bushings. they werent your normal type bushing tho, you would just have to look at an 88-91 civic trailing arm to see what i mean. worked great i see that car every day and its suspension is beat to death daily!

oh and i just sold a set of filled honda motor mounts for 10 dollars more than new ones cost. not a bad profit from a 7 dollar tube of poly

yeah its only 7 dollars at home depot, but its not quite as stiff as the window weld. good for allowing some give to retain comfort