Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What to do with an old leather jacket before throwing it away.

Well I had an old leather jacket that I was going to throw away. The cuffs were all worn and the jacket is old and out of style. I was thinking what a waste of good leather to just toss it. Then I remembered covering my center console lid with leather on an old car I had once. So I went to work on cutting up my jacket and removing my lid. I have some fine tuning to do to get out some of the wrinkles on the edges but I need another set of hands to do it. Ill get one of my friends to give me a hand when I see one of them.

enjoy. :D

old jacket

DSCN0448.jpg

center console lid removed

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

underside taken apart. I did this so I could tuck it all in and then screw it back together.

DSCN0452.jpg

back of jacket cut apart (trimed to fit not shown)

DSCN0453.jpg

80% finished lid. :indian:

DSCN0454.jpg

The 8 screws you see on the underside were screwed thru the theather to hold it tight.

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

installed

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Not bad, I'm not a fan of the seam going down the middle but I dunno if that was avoidable. Once you get it stretched out and 100% it should look very nice!

Now all you need is leather seats :indian: lol

Not bad, I'm not a fan of the seam going down the middle but I dunno if that was avoidable. Once you get it stretched out and 100% it should look very nice!

Now all you need is leather seats :D lol

thanks

The seam was not avoidable but I think it dresses it up a bit.

For some reason I want to call your car 'The Fonz'

"Whoa!" "Aaaaayyyyyy"

Just don't call him "Skippy" - that is reserved from Grandma Nussbaum only.

:)

cool recycling/reusing! its looking good. nao finish it up. :D wrapping anything else?