Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Can anyone tell me why my 87 Pontiac Acadian vibrates really loud when im driving? I thought it was just my snow tires, but its getting worse. Every once and a while it will stop vibrating for a few seconds and it drives smooth then. Then the airplane vibrations start again. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Manual or automatic transmission? How are the ball joints? Has the driveshaft been damaged or throw a balancing weight? Check the u-joints also. When you put the snows on did you use a torque wrench or did you use an impact?

These are just some of what I came up with. I so have to check this out since I would love to build an Acadian drag car of those years.

Welcome! I'd love to pics of the car as well.

I'm not too sure as to what could be the cause of the vibrations but, if you put the wheels on your self, I'd go get a good balance done, just to be sure everything was put on right.

I will put pics up soon. Want to clean it up first. The ball joints should be good and all the suspension is new. I was thinking it was the u-joints. I'll be taking the winters off in about a month anyways, so when I swap the tires I'll get a balancing and alignment done. Unfortunately the winter tires were on the car when I bought it in the Fall, so not sure how they were put on. Thanks alot for your comments guys, really appreciate it.

If the winters werent put on right that could easily be the issue. I am not sure but dont winter tires have more road noise anyway? But if they are off balance then I could totally see it bouncing and humming from vibration.

• Founders

If the winters werent put on right that could easily be the issue. I am not sure but dont winter tires have more road noise anyway? But if they are off balance then I could totally see it bouncing and humming from vibration.

This should be the answer. Like said I'd start off with a balance and an alignment and go from there if that doesn't fix it.

Yeahh I originally thought that it was the winter tires making all the noise. But it's been getting worse lately. Also I figured if it was the wheels howling it would be pretty consistent, but it will stop for a few seconds, run smoothe then kick back in. We will see soon enough I guess. Thanks again for your help guys. I will post again when It has been resolved and let you know what it was. :D