Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

NAIAS: 2012 Buick Verano

NAIAS: 2012 Buick Verano

The baby LaCrosse has been revealed.

www.GMInsideNews.com

Janauary 6, 2011

By: Nick Saporito

2012-Buick-Verano-013_1.jpg

The long awaited compact luxury sedan from Buick will be revealed at the North American International Auto Show next week. The Verano is Buick’s third new sedan in two years and is the first in the luxury compact segment. Say hello to the “Baby LaCrosse” – heading to Buick dealerships in the fourth quarter of this year.

As expected, the Verano is basically a sedan version of the all-new Opel Astra with several major tweaks. The entire front and rear fascias are unique to Verano, both of which resemble the larger Buick LaCrosse sedan.

The new Verano will be powered by GM’s familiar direct-injected 2.4-liter ECOTEC four-cylinder; producing an estimated 177 horsepower (132 kW) and 170 lb.-ft. torque (230 Nm), 0-60 mph performance of 8.0 seconds and an estimated 31 mpg on the highway. GM also states that they will offer the 2.0-liter turbocharged ECOTEC engine in the Verano after launch (a GS version perhaps?). GM estimates fuel economy ratings of 22 miles per-gallon city...[Read more]

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

It does sort of sound like they are pulling to motors out of a cobalt. I seems sort of pathetic for a "luxury sedan" though.

Did you not read the article? This car is based off the Astra.

' date='Jan 6 2011, 06:08 PM' post='45783']

Did you not read the article? This car is based off the Astra.

Yes, and I don't really care if they wanted to base it off of a moped. A luxury car should have some real power, not a four banger.

• Founders

Yes, and I don't really care if they wanted to base it off of a moped. A luxury car should have some real power, not a four banger.

Depends what kind of Luxury you are going for, obviously this is like a "low end" version which makes sense to dial down the engine and lower the price

I'm guessing the words "entry level" escaped you.

Not to mention, GM has to worry about CAFE standards, so not every car has to have a +300HP engine.

Again, this car is based off the Astra, only four cylinder motors were designed to be used in this particular chassis. The average new car buyer isn't concerned with power, practicality and gas mileage are on the minds of most new car buyers.

Well to me car like this is ONLY as good as its BASE base version and its price? You cant cheapen the name your trying to make prestigious again. The base better have fogs, rims (no hubcaps), wood trim ect. leather can be an option. Dont call it a economy car that cheapens it too,,,,... call it a luxury gas sipper.