Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1994 FIREBIRD RADIO

Hi everybody,

I would like to replace my current radio (cassette player) with a CD player which was installed a priori from 1995. I am attaching photos. I would like to be sure that there would be no problem with the depth to install it, nor with the connection of course. I will not use the steering wheel control connector which is different. Thank you for your answers. Good afternoon.

First picture is mine (1994). Two others are the one i would like to install.

DSCN6845.JPG

cd2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The phone number from OEM Radios on the sticker would be the answer to any/all of your questions esp if it has to be unlocked or having trouble getting it to work.

It should plug in based on the photos you've shared. The connections look to be the same from 1994 to 1995.

As for depth, you will have to measure the old and new radios to tell. The other consideration that could trip you up is the location of the wiring. On the old radio it is at the top and on the new one it is on the bottom. You won't know that until your try it though.

• 2 weeks later...

it could have been mounted; only the steering wheel control would not have worked. But the question is no longer relevant: The Firebird is "broken". Monday, I slipped and went into a ditch... Thank you for your answers. Good weekend to you all.

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

• Sad 5

I was alone in the car; I am ok ... No others in the accident.   ( What a shame ? What did you mean ? )

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zaware said:

I was alone in the car; I am ok ... No others in the accident.   ( What a shame ? What did you mean ? )

Terrible you had to lose your car.  Looks like it's totaled.  Sure glad your alright.

• Like 1

Yes it's sad for the car; the car cannot be repaired (cost too high) and I cannot store it at home as a spare parts bank due to lack of space. Not being covered by my insurance contract in the event of an accident without a third party, I will buy another one when I can financially.

• Sad 2