Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Have half inch lift cam vacuum at carburetor running 14to15 pounds of vacuum is this a problem I should address

Go to solution Solved by Last Indian,

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

14 to 15 inches of vacuum at idle is really not a problem...Do the Power brakes work OK. ??

Just for my own curiosity...What Are the cam specs @ .050...

intake..duration -n- Lift..

Exhaust..duration -n- lift..

Lobe separation angle (LSA)...

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

14 to 15 inches of vacuum at idle is really not a problem...Do the Power brakes work OK. ??

Just for my own curiosity...What Are the cam specs @ .050...

intake..duration -n- Lift..

Exhaust..duration -n- lift..

Lobe separation angle (LSA)...

Rebuilt 18 years ago I doubt I can find any papers engine builder died suddenly 10years ago close friend. I parked car 11 years ago  was told It was cam air 4 specks 

19 minutes ago, Matador red said:

The car came with power brakes be nice to keep them

Gotta run right now, I’ll get back you tomorrow, but you should be able to keep the power brakes! Just need a vacuum canister.

33 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Gotta run right now, I’ll get back you tomorrow, but you should be able to keep the power brakes! Just need a vacuum canister.

Never thought that would help 

• Solution
18 hours ago, Matador red said:

Never thought that would help 

There are many different types, but a good one, like this one from Summit will give you what you need. It has a check valve that allows for vacuum to be stored. So when you are pulling 14 or 15” of vacuum the canister stores that. So even if you need to apply your brakes in a low vacuum condition you still have 14 or 15” of vacuum to apply to the brakes. 14 to 15” of vacuum is more than enough to operate most all vacuum assisted parts. Brakes, air, etc.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cvs-vpr700#overview

• Like 1

Backed off timing to tdc picked up vacuum to 16 pounds now brakes feel good 4 barrel still silent have rebuild kit for it

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, Last Indian said:

There are many different types, but a good one, like this one from Summit will give you what you need. It has a check valve that allows for vacuum to be stored. So when you are pulling 14 or 15” of vacuum the canister stores that. So even if you need to apply your brakes in a low vacuum condition you still have 14 or 15” of vacuum to apply to the brakes. 14 to 15” of vacuum is more than enough to operate most all vacuum assisted parts. Brakes, air, etc.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cvs-vpr700#overview

Very responsible price thanks 

• Like 1