Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ellerslie Classic Car Show Diamond T Texaco Tanker, Auckland New Zealand

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 4/27/2023 at 10:15 AM, KiwiStarChief said:

The Ellerslie Classic Car Show is the only Concours judged show in New Zealand, and was held in Auckland last Sunday. Along with the judged cars, are displays from various car clubs and Marques. My club, the American Classic Car Club Auckland had a small display, along with a number of other American sourced clubs, namely the Cobra Club, Mustang Club, and the American Muscle Car Club, as well as a large number of European source clubs.

That's my Star Chief, the rose between two thorns!

P1150488a.thumb.jpg.688332b0f554977ab0a5660cdf643350.jpg

However, I thought you might be interested in this Diamond T Texaco Tanker that was on display, which in my opinion was the standout vehicle of the show.

P1150510.thumb.JPG.96d871413312d132f8ebd8f5ffe6b2df.JPG

P1150512.thumb.JPG.bb22c01381b9f028158e81b0a078e316.JPG

My photos don't do it justice, as this was absolutely stunning, and probably the best restored vehicle I have seen locally. Especially when you see what the project looked like before it started.

Hemmings did an article on the truck and it's restoration, which if you are interested can be viewed here:-

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/last-texaco-diamond-t-restored/

P1150511.JPG

Russel ! I saw this tanker in the pervous owners shed just south of Tokoroa a few years back !!! It was a total rust bucket !! 
It looks so impressive now !! 
:cheers:

• Like 2

The tankers from that era are just pure art deco in my opinion. Kudos to the owner and restorer for this one. We don't see many of these any more and the cost of restoring one is high! 

Thanks for sharing these with us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

The tankers from that era are just pure art deco in my opinion. Kudos to the owner and restorer for this one. We don't see many of these any more and the cost of restoring one is high! 

Thanks for sharing these with us.

I remember  a number was quoted in how much it was worth in the basket case state . And that was 100k nzd 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiStarChief said:

Chris, it's a section of Carjam, and from the look of it there are no '63 Safaris' in the country.

63Safari.thumb.PNG.9a58dd8476f24f757b71aa66367cd14a.PNG

Carjam ! Cool thank you … yeah my guess would have. Been in the less than 10 in nz department ! 

• Like 1