Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Looking for headers that will fit my 63 catalina 389. Any info would be great.

Go to solution Solved by 64 kiwi boni,

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Solution

:welcome:
I used long branch cast iron headers !!  Wayyyy better than tube headers . And heaps of room !!!

fitzy used headers … sure he will pop in and tell of his experience 

:cheers:
https://pontiactripower.com/products/long-branch-d-port-factory-headers-1960-1970-big-car-catalina-bonneville-plus-many-other-applications-additional-shipping-charges-will-apply

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Thanks yall this is great info and much appreciated. This is my second 63 catalina never thought I would own another one but man parts get hard to find for this year. 

• Sad 2

Fitzy on the Doug's headers do you have a part number, the problem I have is on the drivers side of the engine bay is the steering gear box I have not found any tube headers that will clear it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 63 cat said:

Thanks yall this is great info and much appreciated. This is my second 63 catalina never thought I would own another one but man parts get hard to find for this year. 

not really Brian, Tony has a whole bonniville for sale..

image.png.979d643fd9aa757c2424dc09d826ee56.png

i am not quiet sure how to show you the post, but its in the for sale forum :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 63 cat said:

Fitzy on the Doug's headers do you have a part number, the problem I have is on the drivers side of the engine bay is the steering gear box I have not found any tube headers that will clear it.

yes 63 and 64 are super tight on the drivers side Brian, thats where the cast iron headers come into thier own!!! i have tons of room with them on...

let me know if you fancy a pic of them, your 63 will be the same as my 64 chassis / engine/ steering box configeration 

fitzy and his 65 are  different,, so is his  chassis :rofl: 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Kiwi boni a picture would be great to see. I body parts are available but year specific engine parts are hard to find like a 4bbl factory intake for 1963 bolt configuration changes for 1964. $700 is pretty expensive for a set of headers that's why I was looking for tube headers but looks like I will have to spend that money 💰 🤑 

• Like 1

My pictures aren’t too flash ! It would be better if I had the car on the hoist and took some pics from under side ! 

B4E2B10D-A744-4E59-9A9A-FB9F6DC0E9B9.jpeg

2BF2B311-E4B2-481F-A874-9D3DA99C3674.jpeg

you can see i have heaps of room on the passengerside, and the mainfolds come with a oil filter spacer that moves it out for better clearance, and it has 2 1/2 inch outlets.

drives side i have nice clearance around both the steering box and my starter motor 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2