Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1967-1968 Steering Wheel

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

hi John, there is heaps of info on fp about repairing your own wheel. i have done it with my 64 Bonnevile one and while it takes time and is a pain in the butt. its worth it.

someone here may know who has a reproduction one. ??? 

• Like 2

Hi, 64 kiwi boni,

Thank you. I know how to restore them but I need one. The one in the photo is not mine, but one I found on the internet. I think that these were undesirable style wheels and they just got thrown away back in the day. I highly doubt this specific one was ever reproduced.  If it was, I would be glad.

Thank you for your input

Edited by Hotrodjohn71
Spelling
  • Like 2

Did you see Frosty post from back in april about places to look ?......

That's a toughie. No one, that I know if at least, is reproducing this particular factory wheel. The wood grain and the Formula wheels are more popular and are reproduced. Therefore you will have to find a good condition original.

If you are looking for this wheel specifically, then eBay, Hemmings, Craiglists are your best online bets. Search want ads from the Pontiac-Oakland Club International's Smoke Signals Magazine or DOn Keefe's Poncho Perfection magazine.

Pomona swap meet or other large local swap meets are a possibility for you. 

Franks Pontiac Parts in 29 Palms CA may have it

Turner's Auto Wrecking in Fresno CA

Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoneix Az 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Did you see Frosty post from back in april about places to look ?......

That's a toughie. No one, that I know if at least, is reproducing this particular factory wheel. The wood grain and the Formula wheels are more popular and are reproduced. Therefore you will have to find a good condition original.

If you are looking for this wheel specifically, then eBay, Hemmings, Craiglists are your best online bets. Search want ads from the Pontiac-Oakland Club International's Smoke Signals Magazine or DOn Keefe's Poncho Perfection magazine.

Pomona swap meet or other large local swap meets are a possibility for you. 

Franks Pontiac Parts in 29 Palms CA may have it

Turner's Auto Wrecking in Fresno CA

Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoneix Az 

Kiwi is correct, no one is re-producing these wheels. You are bound to have better luck with some of the classic boneyards Kiwi was mentioned. I have more if none of those pan out. 

Since you live in California, one of the Pomona swap meets is a possibility.

Also, there are some guys that collect and sell NOS parts for Pontiacs. You can look at ads in the POCI Smoke Signals magazine, or Hemming for a lead.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, JUSTA6 said:

This NZ guy sure knows his US hiding spots for parts.:rofl:

We taught him well! LOL!

• Haha 1