Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

On my first drive in Grandville it sprung a leak!! Previous owner had put new water pump on before I bought it BUT that wasn't the problem. leaking at intake to t/cover by-pass!!  After stripping it down, no grommet in by-pass just a "load of silicone" timing chain was a little "sloppy so new gears & chain while I'm in there! Hung my 
Pontiac laundry" out to dry on Saturday, & have new parts installed [ Comp Cam double roller] and all surfaces cleaned up and ready to put cover back on "with new grommet" Wasn't expecting to do a tear down but $hit happens !!!!!!

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

31 minutes ago, dualquadpete said:

On my first drive in Grandville it sprung a leak!! Previous owner had put new water pump on before I bought it BUT that wasn't the problem. leaking at intake to t/cover by-pass!!  After stripping it down, no grommet in by-pass just a "load of silicone" timing chain was a little "sloppy so new gears & chain while I'm in there! Hung my 
Pontiac laundry" out to dry on Saturday, & have new parts installed [ Comp Cam double roller] and all surfaces cleaned up and ready to put cover back on "with new grommet" Wasn't expecting to do a tear down but $hit happens !!!!!!

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

Nice work dualquad👍👍

Pete - Great work bud!

Now tell the truth. How does it feel to wrench on a real Pontiac engine for a change? Especially after wrenching on all those **cough** **cough** Chebys for the last several years?

• Haha 1

Pete - you know I've going to give you grief. I expect you to return the favor whenever you can.

The wagon I can forgive you for, it had a Chebie from the factory, not much you can say aboot that one. The 9er was a plain cool motor. W motors are cool in my book period.

SBC and BBC Chebies are not bad motors, simply not a Pontiac. I just think they get too much air and press time. Granted they are plentiful but I get tired of only hearing about Chevys, Fords, and Mopar motors. Like that is the only things that Detroit ever produced. Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick, Olds, Lincoln, and AMC all had distinct motors over the years. I'd sure like to hear or read about them from time to time instead.

• Haha 1

It's Alive!!!!  Fired it up yesterday, so far no leaks !!!  Still ran rough on idle and acceleration, checked ignition  components, all seemed OK then the 2 watt light bulb came on, S/plugs were "white" when out last week, so thinking previous owner ran regular even though I had put some premium in, dumped a full can of Sea-Foam into 1/4 tank of fuel, another test run "pounding the PI%
$$" out of it, Backfires galore for awhile then smoothed right out. It even "PEELED" out at stoplight, so I think my "didling" with cam timing "perked" it up some?? 4600Lb tank that will lay rubber!!!  Took Sharon for her 1st.  ride when she arrived from Toronto and she was impressed how smooth it ran and rode. After all that work that I wasn't expecting to do, I'm now pleased with outcome, on to getting A/C working next week as my parts came from Texas, started out at $ 158 US and ended up over $300 Cdn. by time exchange, shipping to border, then broker fees, Cdn. Tax then more shipping fees from border to here !!!!!!

thumbnail (9).jpg

• Like 2

1 cruise in in Uxbridge is “ supposed “ to start May 16  Port Perry cruise in cancelled  due to no place to hold it, church backed out on insurance issues and noise complaints from neighbors  and no other property owners  including township parking lots or arena, want us there!! With gas now over $ 2.00 a litre ( $9.00 gallon for regular)and still going up , most guys I’ve talked to, aren’t taking cars out with premium at or over $ 10 gallon !! Actual car shows are slim right now , as they can’t forecast if cars will show up to cover their costs on admission gate, poor donations from sponsors or none at all! I don’t even know about going to FOP show in WV!! Canuckistan” buck” dropping like a stone to US buck!!! Checked hotel in Grove City PA ( 1/2 way point) and prices have doubled!!!!!!!

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

Had power loss here on wknd. out over 34 hours!!  Was powering house on 7200 Watt generator and trip to gas station that had power, 5 gallon "jerry can" cost $ 61 ea [ x2] to fill with Premium!!! Same storm that hit northern Michigan earlier!!  10 dead in Ontario that were storm related!!!!!

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that Pete. I'm just glad you, Sharon, and Ralph the Wonder Dog are okay and doing fine. Sucks to have to spend money on gas like that.

Especially when the fuel doesn’t take you anywhere! But sure saved our “ a$$es” having our food not go rotten and be able to see local news for updates! Path of devastation went from Michigan US border to Ottawa then into Quebec ! Horrendous damage!!!!

• Sad 1