Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

thermostat issue

Hi ,

I was hoping someone could answer a question for me. My 2007 Solstice was stored for 8 years as it had some issues I did not think I could have repaired at the time but I had gone to a forum and they were great and told me sounded like a sensor and which ones to start  with and sure enough the 2 that are on top of the engine were the problem or one was I had this issue repaired by a dealership but still had the problem so we took a look and one was split in half the guy at the auto store said he had never seen something like that so that issue was fixed car drove great for a few weeks then one day I got out and there was what looked like antifreeze on the ground and sure enough it was dripping from the water pump that got repaired along with a new thermostat and drove great no leaks no sounds was great but now I am having another issue yesterday the engine light came on and not sure why so  when  came home I checked for leaks and there was none antifreeze was full. but when I check the temp it showed      coolant _ _ _ F    it did not show the temp the fan came on when it was sitting in driveway running. Is it possible it is a sensor ??

Thanks.

Donna

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!