Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Supercharging 3.4

Hey has anyone supercharged a 3.4 engine? I want to do a project by doing something new that no one else did. I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana, it has the 3.4 and I wanted to Supercharge it. Would it be possible if I got the ecm and exchanged them. I have a rebuilt supercharger from a junkyard, rebuilt. I wanted to know what else I would need for it to work. If anyone has done this before let me know what you used. I have the intake manifold and fuel rails for it along with the ecm & a couple of other things.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What engine did the intake and supercharger come off from?  Do you have the clearance in the engine compartment?  I have no idea what a Montana engine compartment looks like.  How bout some pic's??

• Like 1

Totally agree with 2 lane.  They are two different engines.  Series two is waaay different than my earlier 3.8 321 V6 or I would have loved to have the crank trigger ignition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to help further clarify what Two Lane said. The 3.8L SC Buick engine is a 90 degree V6 engine configuration (meaning the piston/connecting rods are 90 degrees to each other from the crankshaft center line). The 3.4 NA engine is a 60 degree V6 configuration designed by Chevrolet. In theory, the 60 degree design takes up even less engine bay space. As Two Lane said, they are completely different engine families. The only common denominator is they fit the Montana engine bay. The supercharged 3.8 is the way to go.

The only other wild and crazy idea I might suggest would be to take the LS4 engine and transmission out of a 2005-2008 GP GXP, Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, or Buick LaCrosse Super and retrofit it to your Montana. The LS4 is a 5.3L LS V8 motor adapted to a transverse mounted transmission (a 4L65E-HD).

Edited by Frosty
  • Thanks 1