Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Catastrophic failure of the server

• Founders

The datacenter we're at had a catastrophic failure of the "virtual server" drives that we were located on and corruption of their back up RAID drives. Good news is I had offsite backups :) , bad news is I only offsite them weekly so we are operating on data from last Friday, October 8th. I apologize heavily for this disturbance but we're back up and running with as minimal data-loss as possible.

If you see anything operating funky, please let me know. Thanks!

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I tried to PM you Ringo. Got a 521 error. Web server down.

Sounds like that had a single point of failure or multiple failures? Someone should be losing their job if it is as bad as I suspect it to be.

Please share with me any root cause analysis and permanent corrective action plans they share with you. I am afraid they may give you a lot of BS speak otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ringo64 said:

The datacenter we're at had a catastrophic failure of the "virtual server" drives that we were located on and corruption of their back up RAID drives. Good news is I had offsite backups :) , bad news is I only offsite them weekly so we are operating on data from last Friday, October 8th. I apologize heavily for this disturbance but we're back up and running with as minimal data-loss as possible.

If you see anything operating funky, please let me know. Thanks!

Bugger ! 

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Sounds like that had a single point of failure or multiple failures? Someone should be losing their job if it is as bad as I suspect it to be.

Please share with me any root cause analysis and permanent corrective action plans they share with you. I am afraid they may give you a lot of BS speak otherwise.

Frosty I have no idea what you justA said !!!:rofl:

• Founders
21 minutes ago, Frosty said:

still doing some things and installing some PHP modules to connect back to my back up configs so some interruption may happen but should be all set.

ding about what they said here shortly.

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Bugger ! 

Frosty I have no idea what you justA said !!!:rofl:

I was talking in IT-speak mate! You need an English-to-geek translator.  :rofl:

• Haha 2

Kiwi - the way to improve your root file is to upgrade from floppy to hard drive. Then, you can extend your firmware into the motherboard. Once you've uploaded everything you've got, your root file capacity has just grown. Yeah - I'm computer savvy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Kiwi - the way to improve your root file is to upgrade from floppy to hard drive. Then, you can extend your firmware into the motherboard. Once you've uploaded everything you've got, your root file capacity has just grown. Yeah - I'm computer savvy!

my what? and something about upgrading my jandles ? to drive harder??

i have a bread board but how do i stick the firms wares into it ?..:rofl:

• Like 1

I can't show you everything.

Grab the nearest sheep and plug into the back. The firmware may become corrupted, but overall your megabytes will increase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founders
6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Grab the nearest sheep and plug into the back. The firmware may become corrupted, but overall your megabytes will increase.

Sheep Thumbs GIF

• Haha 2

On 10/17/2021 at 5:52 AM, Fitzy said:

That's why Scotsmen wear kilts laddie, zippers startle the sheep!

On 10/17/2021 at 12:46 AM, Fitzy said:

Fitzy - you frighten me with your IT knowledge mate! :rofl:

• Haha 2