Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

92 SSEI 60,000 miles

yep - thats my girl- and she is an absolutely blessing & I feel terrible that she is under the weather and I'm not smart enuff to get her back on track (Ringo please edit this however u see fit - i know Im a talker). I pray the FP family can help a sister out and bless me with yalls insight & experience! Heaven forbid iI take Bonnie to a shop unless it's absolutely necessary- single mom w/2 girls in college - it will take some planning for me to budget in mechanics labor.

so I just replaced the alternator (105 amp) - I turn the key, let it go tbru iis' ding ding routine. & then follow thru turning the key w/ foot on brake. It tries to turn over but something is missing. But if I start it with my foot on fuel peddle IT DOES START but dies as soon as I let p let up on the fuel.. Why won't it stay running?  I understand the computer needs cleared & I have done 2 of the "drain the electrify"  tests. Do i need a fuel pump? Filter? Throttle body sensor?  I will trouble shoot every idea u bring to my table - thanks in advance!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 9/3/2021 at 6:05 PM, Innergoodness03 said:

yep - thats my girl- and she is an absolutely blessing & I feel terrible that she is under the weather and I'm not smart enuff to get her back on track (Ringo please edit this however u see fit - i know Im a talker). I pray the FP family can help a sister out and bless me with yalls insight & experience! Heaven forbid iI take Bonnie to a shop unless it's absolutely necessary- single mom w/2 girls in college - it will take some planning for me to budget in mechanics labor.

so I just replaced the alternator (105 amp) - I turn the key, let it go tbru iis' ding ding routine. & then follow thru turning the key w/ foot on brake. It tries to turn over but something is missing. But if I start it with my foot on fuel peddle IT DOES START but dies as soon as I let p let up on the fuel.. Why won't it stay running?  I understand the computer needs cleared & I have done 2 of the "drain the electrify"  tests. Do i need a fuel pump? Filter? Throttle body sensor?  I will trouble shoot every idea u bring to my table - thanks in advance!!

JustA quick question! Was it fine before the alternator replacement & did you get the supercharge connected right after the alternator replacement? 
If so then we’ll help you step through this step by step! Gas, air, spark! Engines haven’t changed since invented! It maybe a sensor or some other birdbrain idea a tree hugger had, but it’s still gas, air, spark! 

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1