Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Another pontential Vibe recall

Looks like those of us who have the 05-08 1zz engine Vibes may have to get new ECM or PCM whatever they call it from time to time.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6680444/ne...star/index.html

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

at least I can stop mine. its just getting it started now.

I am really getting annoyed with this crap. The car has been good to me but now I find myself looking at the HHR as a potential replacement for the Vibe just for a little more piece of mind.

Probably not since I believe it is a physical problem with the PCM and not necessarily with a programming issue.

The PCM issue on the vibe has been around a while. The PCM is covered from the factory under the 8 year 80k mile emission warranty.

The recall is probably just to cover those who are out of the factory coverage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this has come at a good time since the past few weeks mine has been hard to start every now and then. Just tell me if you have to put the stock intake on it.

I think this has come at a good time since the past few weeks mine has been hard to start every now and then. Just tell me if you have to put the stock intake on it.

i will. the injen is a certified intake so i dont know how much of a difference it will make.

My notice just came in the mail for the recall. But it did state that when the parts are available that I will get another notice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just got it fixed today. The car does seem to come alive after 3000 rpm though which is something new.