Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2008 Grand Prix Headlights

Hello, My name is josh and i own a 2008 Grand Prix base edition. I want to purchase some upgrades but i need some help, i have been looking at some headlights but i dont know what kind or brand to get. I HID or Projector, I would also like to change my fog lights. Also does anyone make Halo Headlights that would fit my car? Please Help Me!! [email protected]

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Hey there Welcome to FP!!

I went and searched Google real quick and found this website:

http://www.andysautosport.com/pontiac/2004_9999_grand_prix/

I personally never heard of them but they do sell spyders which are alright projector headlights. I also for some reason in the Google search found GP halo foglights on ebay if that interests you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-2003-Pon...2291810001r3560

If you find anything and have any questions don't hesitate to ask here!!

:lol2: and I think that might be a custom install, might have to find someone who specializes in the headlight creations, and have them custom install some projectors into your stockers...

I would say it will probably cost you around $400 for an install, but I'm sure if you provided your own projectors, then it might be a bit cheaper, heck, you could do it yourself if you know how to lay fiberglass... you could even check with our Audio vendor, Pikaso Kustoms, he might even be willing to attempt modding your stockers to fit Projectors, as he is amazing with fiberglass :agreed:

check out g6performance.com and look for chad with unique coatings he sell flash techs life time warrenty on everything including the bulbs.

They kick ass! I am going to install my fogs today already have my lows in.

Keith

I personally wouldn't go with anything over 8000 K for your HID's . You can buy the kits on ebay for a fairly decent price. Also when adding HID's you must disable your DRL (daytime running lights) or it can cause your ballasts and hid bulbs to prematurely fail.

I personally wouldn't go with anything over 8000 K for your HID's . You can buy the kits on ebay for a fairly decent price. Also when adding HID's you must disable your DRL (daytime running lights) or it can cause your ballasts and hid bulbs to prematurely fail.

:lol2: with everything he said but eBay... I love eBay, but for HIDs personally, I want something that's proven, trust me on this!

The only reason I went with ebay was because of the price I got them for. I had a sale lined up with a company out of california but they never got back with me so I went with the ebay ones instead. I've been using my HID's now for close to a year with no problems. :welcomeFP: No worries though everyone has there place they get there stuff from B)

Check out www.hidny.com for plug and play HID kits.

I got my 6000K kit from them, and it's great. As said, disable the DRL's. The newer GM's, just yank the DRL relay from under the hood.

thanks alot for all your details. i think i might go with the 8000k. and thanks again for the info about the DRL i had no idea.

It's no problem, we are just helping out a fellow Pontiac owner :badGT::agreed:

• 4 weeks later...

You should NOT have to pul the DRL fuse. I put them in my gfs 05 GP and didnt. If I am correct your GP uses the yellow half of the fog light area for the DRLs, therefore it sends no power to the lows, and will not hurt the HIDs.

• 2 weeks later...

No need to pull the fuse or use use the fogs, if equipped. Just turn the Auto-lights off. The DRLs don't come on 'til you put the car in gear. Unless the base is different from the GXP in that aspect, too.

There's plenty of guys running HIDs, there's no aftermarket headlights other than the chrome ones, there's a guy on CGP working on custom projectors, and Spyder is working a set of halos for the 04-08 GPs.

Projector Retrofit #1

Projector Retrofit #2

• 1 month later...

those projectors look nice, how much does he charge?

i should have got the gxp but it was like 10k more than i wanted to spend and a hundred more hp was not worth it to me at the time. now i am craving more hp and it seems like i cannot find very many upgrades. will a gxp cold air intake fit on a base edition? if so that would probably give me at least 10 more hp.