Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New GM Brand in China

Ringo64

• Founders

huh... So Pontiac gets trashed for a new brand in China :badGT:

LINK: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/19/gms-new...reasured-horse/

GM launches new low-cost brand in China and it's a 'treasured horse'

by Jonathon Ramsey (RSS feed) on Jul 19th 2010 at 2:41PM

While the German automakers – and Buick – mop up outrageous demand for their wares in China's major metropolitan and coastal cities, General Motors wants to be the nameplate of choice in the secondary cities and the interior. And now in conjunction with its joint-venture partners SAIC and Wuling, it has launched another nameplate: Baojun. Meaning "treasured horse," Baojun is the low-cost brand that will sell passenger cars built in China for priced in the area of $7,000.

The Baojun's sales network will be built after the car is launched, but GM hasn't let slip when that will be. The aims are lofty for the small runabout tasked with opening up another market segment, with the general manager of SAIC-GM-Wuling declaring, "We aim to surpass customer expectations by creating a brand that combines world-class quality with low ownership costs." Follow the jump for the press release on the venture.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

And why is it the US can't have a New $7000 car?

Great point, I was thinking this and I came up with 2 answers;

1: That these cars are pieces of poop and GM doesn't think the American population would think to buy these/hurt the American image of GM.

2: The parts or work is sub-standard to our Government regulations thus not allowing sales here.

My thought process is if either or is an issue, why not make the parts just a little better and sell for $8-9k. Pure competition for Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc...

The American buyer's market is picky and stupid. Cheap GM cars in the range of $8K-$10K is risky, people will associate cheapness and be timid on buying them, but they'll buy a cheap Toyota or Nissan without thinking simply because of the badge on it. So when it DOES fall apart, they'll be like "Oh, I got what I paid for," but if it was a cheap GM or other domestic, they'll bitch and whine about every flaw.

I cant even talk about this.....................

"it makes me so mad!" - George Costanza

' date='Jul 20 2010, 08:28 PM' post='33488']

The American buyer's market is picky and stupid. Cheap GM cars in the range of $8K-$10K is risky, people will associate cheapness and be timid on buying them, but they'll buy a cheap Toyota or Nissan without thinking simply because of the badge on it. So when it DOES fall apart, they'll be like "Oh, I got what I paid for," but if it was a cheap GM or other domestic, they'll bitch and whine about every flaw.

so here is a simple fix slap a toyota or nissan badge on the said cheep car from GM and all the brainwashed idiots will buy it.

use some of that stuff that dissolves when wet. the badge will be there when they buy the car and gone after.

it's kinda like apple in a way. people know the iphone 4 is a turd but they still buy it.

/end of thread.