Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GM offers 'Rear Seat Reminder' on a growing number of vehicles

FeedBot

General Motors' Rear Seat ReminderIf you have children or pets, it might be hard to imagine accidentally leaving them in your car, but sadly, people do. This year alone, 39 children have died from heatstroke in vehicles--either because they were left in cars accidentally or because they got into a vehicle when adults weren't around. General Motors has developed technology to...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I could so run the ad campaign for this one.

The first commercial could be a couple getting lynched outside of a shopping mall by about 20 people.  Then the camera can pan over and show the top of a baby seat in the car with the windows smashed in.  The narrator could be going on like 'GM is taking the responsibility out of the hands of the self absorbed parents so you do not have to take your eyes off your cell phone'

The second could start off in a prison cell with some 300 lb beast of a man standing behind the guy in the current commercials for GM.  He is kind of wimpering as both hands hit is shoulders and forcefully rub them.  The cell mate can whisper in the douchebag's ear 'gonna go doggy style but I ain't gonna leave you in a car.'

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks that the very idea that this is going to be a thing ... I should go into the ship building business with a drunkard?

• Founders

As much as I would like to joke, it is a real problem down here where it is hot. People intentionally and unintentionally leave their kids/pets in the car in the middle of summer where it can get above 130*F in the car. Stupid and think those people shouldn't have kids/pets but hopefully this will help or at least call the police after a while.

2 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

As much as I would like to joke, it is a real problem down here where it is hot. People intentionally and unintentionally leave their kids/pets in the car in the middle of summer where it can get above 130*F in the car. Stupid and think those people shouldn't have kids/pets but hopefully this will help or at least call the police after a while.

On the contrary ... It's not stupid to think that people incapable of looking after kids or pets shouldn't have them. Hell, people this stupid shouldn't be allowed cars either. Millions of years of evolution driven by stupid people and their kids being outbred by people smart enough to keep their kids alive is what got us to the top of the food chain.

This world just doesn't have enough bathtubs with toasters.

Edited by Professur
  • Like 1

While I admire GM for coming up with this, notallthere and Pro have points - that this is no way absolves (stupid) people from the responsibility of remembering to take children and pets out of the car before it gets hot in the first place. Millions of years of evolution and stupid keeps evolving too.

Pro I would amend you statement slightly "This world just doesn't have enough bathtubs with working toasters."