Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What technology do you want most in your next car? Our poll results

FeedBot

Apple CarPlay, in 2016 Hyundai SonataToday's cars are loaded with high-tech features--some great, some not so great. While a bit of that technology comes standard on new vehicles, much of it doesn't, which means consumers have to pay extra for it. And that presents a dilemma for many new-car shoppers: unless they're of unlimited means, they have to pick and choose the tech elements...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

To be honest, a built-in camera for front, back and sides that records to a hard drive that would write over unless I told it to stop. Seriously need this in Florida...

360 degree dash cams already exist and aren't that expensive. I'd rather have one as an add on, rather than a built in 24hrs spy that'll be classed as 'safety' by the DOT and illegal to turn off .. and ready to serve as a witness against you should any cop decide .. like the black boxes already in today's new cars.

Personally I think the infotainment electronics is starting to get to be a bit much. Sure there are a lot of great features to be sure. However, the more crap they throw is one more thing that can go wrong later on and its more expensive to fix. Additionally, we are not that far away from having to "patch" our cars on a regular basis (like our Windows PCs every month) because of the security vulnerabilities in the automakers and third party vendors software that can be exploited by hackers now that "wi-fi" is now available in more and more cars. No thanks, I'd rather not have to go to the dealership regularly or have to personally waste my own time patching my car once a month because of all the whiz-bang gadgets in the cars these days.

• Founders

The only thing from an upgrade that scares me is the thought of it "bricking" my car. With a background in software I'd like to pretend that wouldn't happen but I know too well...

A friend of mine is working at GM on vehicular cyber security. Since he tells me that it has been proven that remote hacking of a vehicle is possible, it's only a matter of time before unscrupulous hackers start hacking/hijacking our cars. No thanks, that's when I have to consider whether I want a new car going forward.

Well, personally I don't care for all the gadgets. Just keep it simple am/fm w/satellite radio. Don't care for direction stuff. I can still read a map. Just make them like 60's and 70's cars simple with suspension upgrades. Don't care for all these cameras, when ya should be paying attention and looking around like ya supposed to. Basically, they are just making cars for the idiots that can't pay attention to the road and to what their doing on the road while their texting and talking on the phone. Heck most people today if a car doesn't have all that crap on them they don't want it.  Heck, I rarely use the a/c and radio as it is when I'm driving. Heck, it's even gotten hard to find a new truck with a column shifter. Now, it's a dang knob that ya turn geeze!! Just keep it simple and give me analog gauges and lots of HP and torque and nice body lines and I'll be happy. And if a good looking gal comes with it is a plus LMAO!!

All I want is the big engine, nice wheels, bloody manual transmission, muffler bearing that will not wear out and ball joints that are made of unobtainium.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, notallthere said:

All I want is the big engine, nice wheels, bloody manual transmission, muffler bearing that will not wear out and ball joints that are made of unobtainium.

I think you are going a tad overboard there sunshine.