Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2016 Woodward Dream Cruise

Frosty

Well shame on me for not posting this in advance. I've been too busy getting laid off from my banking job to be posting anyway. It's time for the annual Woodward Dream Cruise!

I was able to meet up with Indyman Joe, JUSTA6, and notallthere. I get hugs and kisses from the missus, she smells a lot better too. Of course, notallthere was like a dog in heat. He said something wanting to have Ringo's unholy love child. But I digress....enjoy some of the selected photos. I am sure JUSTA and notallthere will throw their own photos up too.

IMG_0011.JPGIMG_0030.JPG

Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 - clean and rare

IMG_0072.JPG

A tuner Batmobile. The guns even spin. It was very cool.

IMG_0126.JPG

Clean '69 GTO Judge with plus size wheels and rims

IMG_9878.JPG

Haven't got a clue. A still on wheels maybe?

IMG_9879.JPG

I'm thinking this is a '69 Trans Am tribute drag car. No one cuts up a one-of-669 car and turns into a drag car unless they are really, really, really stupid. Or from Canuckistan.

IMG_9975.JPG

The Can Am hit parade with 4 Can Ams in a row.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

More photos

IMG_0020.JPG

Caterpillar street rod from Hell?

IMG_0035.JPGIMG_0047.JPG

How often do you see a Syclone and not one, but two white Typhoon's cruising together?

IMG_0061.JPG

Rare Corvair Greebriar van

IMG_0069.JPG

Lambo

IMG_0094.JPG

From what I could see, this appears to be just what it looks like, a Winston/Sprint cup car driving down the street.

IMG_0111.JPG

The camo I sorta get - how'd they get the shoes to match?

IMG_0031.JPG

Ummm....yeah.

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

8 x 8 anyone?

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

IMG_9836.JPG

One of the Woodward obelisks that lie along the entire Woodward route. This one is at the south tip of the Woodward loop in Pontiac, MI.

IMG_0104.JPG

Got carbs?

IMG_9844.JPG

The young man loves Woodward and my car !

IMG_0076.JPG

So does Elvis !

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

I said he was like a dog in heat Ringo. You folks don't believe when I describe people like him, GE, and Pro!  I can't make stuff up like this!

Hey ya gotta go where you get your kicks.

I know Justa was having problems with his tranny?  Did he get home okay?  Oh and his transmission was giving him problems too.

• Like 2

Please stand by...might need bail money tomorrow when I take the GTO back to the trans shop.  Did NOT get to cruise Woodward.  Made it down there, claimed my parking spot, the car would not shift outta reverse to go cruising.  Was able to shift it by hand into drive and start it in gear to drive it home.  Lmao Notallthere, my tranney required a major ice down, (too much standing) but still doing well.  Was a blast as always to hang with you guys.  

Copy of 2016 8-19 016.jpg

Copy of 2016 8-19 036.jpg

Copy of 2016 8-19 043.jpg

Copy of 2016 8-19 068.jpg

• Like 1

On August 21, 2016 at 0:35 PM, Ringo64 said:

Oh God, I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear the notallthere comment... 

Nice pics though! What was under the 69 Firebird tributes hood?

Got no idea what is under the hood Ringo. It obviously ain't stock or original.

20 hours ago, notallthere said:

Hey ya gotta go where you get your kicks.

Yeah we were worried that GE and Pro might show up too.

I was busy volunteering at the largest LARP event in North America. Hard to believe, but it was pretty much boot camp. In the end, I was actually able to RUN over a mile. I haven't felt so fit since ... ever, really.

To keep it automotive ... Drove the olds the 3 hours there. Ran like a champ the whole way .. only to blow out something in the exhaust on a bump entering the LARP compound. Nowhere there to work on it, and no free time to do it either. Made sure it would stay put and drove it home Saturday night ... always fun to scare the crap outta Harleys on the highway. Straight pipe Babaaaayyyy. Took a couple of days to recover enough to stand upright without support and I'm heading out now to see what let go. Hopefully it's only a joint slipped .... I really won't do the left to right cross over pipe if that's what let go. Hell ... if I wasn't soo damn cheap I'd smarten up and just take it in to have a muffler shop deal with it all. I'm tired of rust in the eyes.

Dropped the GTO, told him to install the correct shifter cable for the His/Hers, (I had to by from Ames) and get his junk B&M cable outta there, stop all leaks from pan gasket, shift select, both lines to Rad.  Finally, whatever he has to do to make it shift correctly.  Check the wadded up mess on the B&M cable he installed.  Very professional wiring for the trans lockup as well.  I told him he's done screwin with me.  You fix this mess correctly or I'm filing a complaint to the state of Mich, Better Business , Waterford Twp and then I'll see you in court. All he can say is we don't have to go through all that. I'll get it done. You have to remember this is after taking it to another shop and paying to refit my exhaust, install the crossmember up on the frame instead of to the bottom of the frame, this guy also installed a new detent cable and adjusted it. (with no difference, the trans shop said he had to order that yet) and installed my dustcover/inspection cover the trans shop left off the trans the 1st time. This is EXACTLY why I do my own work!!!  My hip replacement is doing well, but I'm no where near ready to crawl under a car.  With all this going on, had to take my truck into the dealership to check/replace my fuel pump. 5 days later....come and get it.  Pay the bill and go to leave, it won't start.  Put a brand new battery in it hours before driving it to the dealership.  Jumped it off a box and as soon as you take the box off it dies.  I'll have to have my guys look at this tomorrow.  Bull$hit... Once started it's running off the alt.  So the alt is bad.  Of course it calls for 2 different alts. So 1st thing in the AM, I have to go buy both.  Put my jumpbox on it and drive it off their lot and spend 10 min to replace on the side of the road instead of an hour or so @ $110.00 an hour for them to do it, when they get the chance. WTF you can't trust anyone anymore. Quite the RANT huh?  And I don't feel any better.  What do ya think my chances are to have the GTO back for the Labor day show I always attend???  Best guess...0 to none.

Copy of 2016 8-1 tranney 018.jpg

Copy of 2016 8-1 tranney 022.jpg

What are the chances you are not locked up for assault and battery charges for beating the hell out of some stupid monkey that doesn't know how to hold a wrench by Labor Day?

Go fund me for JUSTA's bail?

Ok, so I'm at the dealership for my truck with the new alt, when they opened. Was surprized when they let me install it there, instead of waiting for hours for them to fit me in. BUT...Walked to the truck and my front fascia is half torn off and a huge dent in my custom aluminum splash pan.  WTF now?  After a huge blowup with managers, shop tech admitted he left it in neutral and it rolled into a large landscaping rock.  New fascia is ordered and waiting to come in.  Out of the blue I get a call from the tranney shop. GTO's done come N get it. Big ass fight and he refused to pay for the correct shift cable I bought.  It got too hot and melted the junk ass B&M cable he installed, so he can't return it. NOT my prob.  From the moment I put it in gear, it was a new car. Shifted properly, drove well...happy to have it back.  Got home N in the garage and made my way under the car to find he pushed my speedo cable over and right on the header, melting it.  It still seemed to work Ok.  Tied it off and back into place. Put the bedpan back under the car to see about leaks as everything appeared to be dry.  Got out there 1st thing this AM and a big ass puddle of trans fluid. AAAAAAH    Still counting to 1 million before calling this ASwhipe.

Had the GTO there when they opened at 8am.  Stayed, watched and they determined it was leaking from the gear select shaft. Already knew that.  He said he must have nicked the new seal when he installed it. Bullshit.  I pointed out the paint on the seal, (I cleaned and painted the trans before taking it in)  Still wanna tell me that was replaced??? The new seal did come with the kit.  Ran it on the lift for 10 min. No leaks, drove it home and still no leaks.  Gawd I hope its finally done.  Kicker....the shop has been forclosed on and he has 2 more weeks to get out!  I don't understand why.

See ... When you're standing right there, the BS doesn't have a chance. Particularly when there are large heavy tools right at hand just waiting to intersect an idiot's head.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 1:28 PM, Professur said:

See ... When you're standing right there, the BS doesn't have a chance. Particularly when there are large heavy tools right at hand just waiting to intersect an idiot's head.

I can maybe see tryin to BS someone that don't know a door handle from a trunk latch.  But why go through all this, when it Justa could have been done correctly the 1st time? I've caught him lying and left him with nothin to say sooo many times.  And he knows I'm NOT lettin him get away with this shit.  Have watched the car all day and NO leaks.  End drama here.

35 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

I can maybe see tryin to BS someone that don't know a door handle from a trunk latch.  But why go through all this, when it Justa could have been done correctly the 1st time? I've caught him lying and left him with nothin to say sooo many times.  And he knows I'm NOT lettin him get away with this shit.  Have watched the car all day and NO leaks.  End drama here.

But every time you came back .... and didn't beat his skull into pulp... you were letting him away with it. See ... this is where I start from ... letting them know the score from the very beginning.  If you make a mistake and own it I might be swayed. But since when I'm paying a mechanic, I'm paying them to be better, faster, and more knowledgeable than myself .. my patience wouldn't be great.

I hear ya Pro..... I think he was waiting for that so he wouldn't have to finish the job correctly.   The original plan was to have him rebuild the trans and I would put it in later.  Got to thinkin I would be wasting my warranty, and what if I had to pull it out and return it a bunch of times if he screwed it up.  True to form...he did JUSTA that, but I was able to hold him accountable and think it's finally right.  Actually saved myself a bunch O work.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.