Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Just trying to find more Torrent drivers. Have had my Torrent since July 09. I have done a few mods to it. Trying to keep it clean looking.

STOCK

DSCN0389.jpg

HEADLIGHTS

DSCN0419.jpg

CURRENT

DSCN0619.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks! Its getting there but no following for the torrent/equinox so ill have to make a lot of my own parts.

Thanks! Its getting there but no following for the torrent/equinox so ill have to make a lot of my own parts.

I know what you mean... not much aftermarket support for the G6 either! :P

found this site from someone posting the link on my Cardomain page.

That would prolly be Mark...

are you sure? lets ask, who was the one who posted the link? btw, your Torrent looks great. and :agreed: !

WELCOME! lad you finally made it on! :agreed: I'm glad everything got situated for you to be able to register!

Oh, and actually it was Dan that posted on his CarDomain. :angry:

I know what you mean... not much aftermarket support for the G6 either! :lol2:

Actually there isn't much aftermarket support for the G6, but none at all for the Torrent! :willy_nilly:

Actually there isn't much aftermarket support for the G6, but none at all for the Torrent! :willy_nilly:

Not true!

The LNJ motor under the hood of that Torrent does have support. It's a variant of the LA1 3400 motor, along with the LX9 3500 motor, and the older L82 and LG8 (3100 variants) and there is support for performance with the 60*V6 motors. Check out these two sites:

WOT-Tech.com

60inclusive.com

chaos.. if there is someone who knows pontiacs.. its definatly you!!!

Thank you, sir. :willy_nilly:

After owning a rather unsupported car myself for over two years now, I've found many sources for performance. The issue is, most folks look for the car, rather than the motor's aftermarket support. That's what led me to two other forums:

www.FullThrottleV6.com

www.60degreeV6.com

60degreeV6 is more directly related to the V6's found in the 4th and 5th gen Grand Ams, Torrents, G6s, Montanas, base model Grand Prixs (97-03) and earlier Grand Prixs with both L82 and the DOHC LQ1 motors (the GTP coupes)

The LQ1 was quite the importance, since the LY7, and the currently successful and powerful LLT owe a lot to the LQ1's DOHC design.

But back to the pushrod 60*V6's, there is support for these motors, and guys have been tinkering with them for quite some time. These motors take very well to boost, and have been able to handle +400HP very easily. It's the majority of the auto transmissions available with most of these motors tends to be a weak spot.

For most of the L-body and J-body guys though, they've had great reliability with the Getrag 262 5 speed manual gearbox mated up with them.

And with the G6s, the F40 6 speed manual with the LZ9 VVT motor is a good combo too. Although the J-body and L-body guys haven't tried mating up an older 60*V6 with them yet. Although it's been done in an N-body before, with the LA1 motors they come with. While it worked, there were a lot of SES issues to smooth out.

' date='May 12 2010, 12:21 AM' post='24510']

Not true!

The LNJ motor under the hood of that Torrent does have support. It's a variant of the LA1 3400 motor, along with the LX9 3500 motor, and the older L82 and LG8 (3100 variants) and there is support for performance with the 60*V6 motors. Check out these two sites:

WOT-Tech.com

60inclusive.com

Oh! That's interesting! But I still think that aftermarket support is a lot more limited on the Torrent compared to other Pontiac cars...

BTW if anyone catches a seller with a pair of projector headlamps, let me know! :lol2:

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to check it out!