Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My next mod for the Solstice

So I came upon this in a thread over at the Solstice forums and once I saw it I knew I had to have it for my 2.4L.

ca3005.jpg

Just have to wait for next payday and it is goin on.

I figure I won't gain much from it, but it will dress up the engine bay by getting rid of all those plastic silencers. This with the GXP exhaust I have waiting to go on...with maybe some headers down the line. I think I'll be good.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice that will def dress up the engine bay! Did you order a new lower rear valance for the gxp exhaust?

Nice that will def dress up the engine bay! Did you order a new lower rear valance for the gxp exhaust?

No, I didn't order the lower valance as of yet. I found out that Fujita discontinued this dual filter set up and only what suppliers have left will be able to be bought. So thats getting purchased first. The valance will come from GM parts direct cause there really isn't a cheaper place to get it and it runs around $300

Plus, the GXP exhaust I had gotten for free I wanted to completely polish it before I put it on, so that's gonna take some time too. haha

FREE! NICE! :rofl::o I love the dual center exhaust & valence kit/setup for the Solstice but hell cant beat free!

congrats on the win there! :lol2:

^^^ Werd.

Honestly, it looks out of place to me. If this was a dual throttle body setup, then I'd agree, but I dunno man. I'd stick with CAI, versus a short ram, but that's just me.

It's actually the same size as a single filter CAI, it just has split for another filter. I just like how it looks better than the single. I'm not worried about performance with this as most times the gains are not significant. I just wanted a CAI that looked good and filled up the front of the engine bay. It is by no means a Short Ram, the filters sit in front near where the OEM was.

This is a modified dual on a Solstice Made to come even further down into the grill.

1000262b.jpg

1000263.jpg

Here's the single CAI setup

IMG_0421.jpg

The single just leaves too much open area for me.

FREE! NICE! :oB) I love the dual center exhaust & valence kit/setup for the Solstice but hell cant beat free!

congrats on the win there! :indian:

Tru dat!

Local GXP owner just had it sitting in his garage for a year after he put an aftermarket exhaust on and didn't want to sell it, so listed it for Free, Pick up only. I pm'd him immediately and told him I'd take it! ahha. Now it's been sitting in my Garage for about 6 months waiting for me to polish it.

:indian:B) get me one!!!

i retract my dual is weird statement. the way that both go into the grilles is ballin. BUT i would be concerned with water

um...why did you quote me? jus wondering. and ya, maybe water issues.

um...why did you quote me? jus wondering. and ya, maybe water issues.

i dunno. hmmmmmm. *puts helmet on* muuuuuuuuuch better

' date='May 6 2010, 03:42 PM' post='23787']

Don't forget your knee and elbow pads.

the water wings on my arms already cushion my elbows thank you very much. my knee pads are on already too

• Founders
' date='May 6 2010, 05:32 PM' post='23805']

the water wings on my arms already cushion my elbows thank you very much. my knee pads are on already too

Go get 'em, killer.

Got to be my favorite quote so far on FP ;):)

i retract my dual is weird statement. the way that both go into the grilles is ballin. BUT i would be concerned with water

The owner of the Solstice said that water doesn't get through the grill when it rains and he has not had a problem with the filters getting wet in that location. Seems hard to believe, but I'll go with what he says.

Mine is going to stay in the stock location as some cutting is needed to get it down as far as he has them as well as an RK sport front end, ahha.

• 2 weeks later...

:welcomeFP::rofl::P:pop_corn::pop_corn:

Just checked tracking...looks like it will be arriving tomorrow. Install will be early Saturday and I'll be taking pics of install and final assembly.

Can't wait!