Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Has anybody tried the new Dunlop Star Spec Z tires? I've heard they are as sticky / stickier than some drag radials. I'm needing to pickup some off-the-line traction for the 1/4 runs. Thinking good traction could pick me up enough to touch 14.0 flat on my 1/4, but since I just spent $700 on tires, I don't really want to spend another $800 on a set of Star Spec's unless I know they are worth it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks Jedi. I did see those before but was hoping to get some first hand experience from guys on here. Mainly, hoping for fwd traction feedback as that's really main my issue.

you wanted grip right? wasnt i helpful? :indian: isnt there any comments on the tires on theyre websites? or somewhere else?

seriously.. if you can get your hands on some nexen winter tires

they chew up pretty quick but seem to glue themselves to the pavement for nice launches

my experience is with a 1985 mercury capri

IMO any dunlop tire is amazing, BUT its not necessary to spend this amount of money for a name that still is'nt designed for this application

you wanted grip right? wasnt i helpful? :lol2: isnt there any comments on the tires on theyre websites? or somewhere else?

Yeah, but as I said before, I was hoping for some first hand experience from here in a fwd application.

did you try G6P already? jus cuz...well, more members.

Yeah, didn't get a lot of help either unfortunately. But, that was several months ago, so who knows.