Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Greatins From a Certified Pontihalic

Just a Quick Introduction, 1st let me say I have enjoyed brousing the site, and hope to add some usful info to it.

I seemed to drawn to odd ball old Pontiac's, we have several at the moment ranging from a 2009 G8 GT purchased new in December 09 when they were practically giving them away. All I can say about it is it is Awsome!!! We also have a 1978 Sunbird Safari Wagon, 231 V6 4bbl, 200R4 Trans and 3.73 Gears, a 77 Astre Formula, still has the 2.5 Iron Duke, but I am putting together an old Aluminum 215 Buick V-8 for it, a 73 Lemans Safari Wagon, 400 4bbl, 4-speed Muncie, with a 3.23 posi. A 71 Leman Safari with a 455, 2004R, and 3.55 open. A 1969 Firebird Sprint with a Stroked 301 OHC-6, T-5 Trans, and 4.11 twelve bolt. A 67 Sprint Lemans, and a 66 Sprint Lemans.

The site seems to attract mostly newer cars, but as I said we really enjoyed our 99 Grand Prix GTX until we traded it in for the G8 GT.

And if someone can give me a few pointer on how to post pic's I would apreciate it, I started a Photo Bucket account today, and uploaded a few pic's, but when I tried to copy and paste the IMG # it woudn't take.

here is a link to my account

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/cammerjeff/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:welcomeFP: great to have you here. and yes, mostly newer vehicles. but we do have a few classics.

Just a Quick Introduction, 1st let me say I have enjoyed brousing the site, and hope to add some usful info to it.

I seemed to drawn to odd ball old Pontiac's, we have several at the moment ranging from a 2009 G8 GT purchased new in December 09 when they were practically giving them away. All I can say about it is it is Awsome!!! We also have a 1978 Sunbird Safari Wagon, 231 V6 4bbl, 200R4 Trans and 3.73 Gears, a 77 Astre Formula, still has the 2.5 Iron Duke, but I am putting together an old Aluminum 215 Buick V-8 for it, a 73 Lemans Safari Wagon, 400 4bbl, 4-speed Muncie, with a 3.23 posi. A 71 Leman Safari with a 455, 2004R, and 3.55 open. A 1969 Firebird Sprint with a Stroked 301 OHC-6, T-5 Trans, and 4.11 twelve bolt. A 67 Sprint Lemans, and a 66 Sprint Lemans.

holy cow!!! :PICS::welcomeFP::woot:

The site seems to attract mostly newer cars, but as I said we really enjoyed our 99 Grand Prix GTX until we traded it in for the G8 GT.

I for one wish we had more older cars to have a nice mix of old and new.

And if someone can give me a few pointer on how to post pic's I would apreciate it, I started a Photo Bucket account today, and uploaded a few pic's, but when I tried to copy and paste the IMG # it woudn't take.

welcometothetribe-1.gif

Cammerjeff - I am very envious!!! First of all, to have all those cars (and hopefully the garage space to go with it)!!! Second, these cars bring back a ton of memories for me.

One of my best friends in high school was a year older than me. He graduated in '77 and he got a new car while in his freshman year at college, a yellow and black '77 Astre Formula GT hatchback. So I would love to see a profile picture with your Formula's badging.

Second, I bought a '73 Lemans Sport Coupe out of high school with my graduation money. So your '73 evokes memories of the first year Colonade style 'A' body (and my first Pontiac). I see you have a '73 GTO hood on it too! Those are rare as hens teeth these days!

I assume the Sunbird Safari has a 231 even-fire Buick V6 in it.

I'd love to see the picks of the '71 Safari and the OHC Firebird and LeMans.

I see that some people have really developed a small following for the OHC-6 and the Sprints too. Way to go!!! I met Macolm "Mac" McKellar back in 2008 at the GM Heritage Center. I asked him what the most memorable engine program he ever worked on was (I was expecting the old Super Duty or Ram Air programs), he said it was the building and developing the OHC engine!!!! He was mad as hell at DeLorean for asking him to develop it but he (and his team) got it working. So that tells you something. These engines are under appreciated.

Finally, I love the fact that you have a lot of wagons. These cars didn't get a lot of love back in the day and now they are really hard to find, especially all of yours. I hope you take real good care of them!!!

Thanks all for the kind words, I seem to have managed upload a pic of the Sunbird Wagon. A little more infor on the cars, the 78 Sunbird, 69 Firebird , and 66 Lemans are in good shape and drivable, the other cars all need various amounts of work. The 66 Lemans sprint is an Automatic car (2-speed) factory A/C car that also has a reclining passenger side bucket seat with headrests (the headrests are avery rare option for 66 & 67 Pontiac's) Mostly stock exept for suspension bushings, duel exaust, 3.90 posi rear gears, and quicker steering.

The 67 Sprint was my road racer years ago, it has a George Delorean built 230 OHC 6, Headers Duel exaust, Mucie M-22 4-speed, front disc brakes. It has a very dated early 80's paint job, and the front clip was dissassembled to install new suspension parts and disc brakes. Unfortunatly when dissassembled I became a Diabetic, and really was no longer able to road race at the track north of Detriot.

Both these cars will be for Sale soon as I am going to lose my indoor storage for 2 or 3 cars this summer.

DSC09458.jpg

The Astre Formula is a Southern California car with a older Cheap Earl Shiebe Paint job, (the for runner of Maco)

I did upload a few more pic's on the Photobucket page, including what the Astre Formula is supoosed to look like.

It is suposed to be a Silver car as in my Avitar, but was painted red, and all the graphics were painted over. It still has the original Iron Duke Engine with Metric 200 Trans. But I am building a Aluminum Buick 215 V-8 for it, with some rover Valve covers, that have been modified to look much more Pontiac like!!! Funny you should mention a Yellow Formula, as I was just offered a Yellow roller locally that was brought up from Texas last year, And I tried to find a rumored Yellow Formula suposedly sitting in a bad area of Toledo Oh10 a few years ago. This Yellow car has all the graphics still on it. And I should pick it up just for those alone!!!

I really Like the Astre Formula myself, I do have all the parts I need to repair it, But it needs some magor work around the windshield, A and C pillers. And I don't know how to reproduce the Graphics. I am going to look at a Yellow one today, that is suposed to be in much better shape, with only some surface rust and a couple of pin holes in the drivers floor board. Plus is still has the original Paint, with Graphics!!!! Has a Tan Interior, and No Engine/Trans. This is the colors My Wife would prefer, and its original drive train already gone, I wouldn't fel so bad about putting a V-8 in it!!! I will take some pic's and post what I find.

The Pic I've posted this time is of the 73 Lemans Safari I bought to repair my 4-speed car. It came with a 350 2bbl/ TH-400 trans, and 2.56 open axle. The GTO style hood may or maynot be stock on it, It sure looked like it came on the car, as the car has original paint, and so does the hood. And with it faded equally who knows. I never spent the $50.00 to run the numbers on this car as it was destined to be cut up to save the 4-speed Wagon. The NACA hood was stock on the 73 GTO And Lemans GT, and available on any Lemans, or Grand Am. So it is possible it came with it. The hood will be going on the 4-speed Wagon, as will the rear window air deflector. I hope to spend some more time here, but work is nuts at the moment.

The Final 2 pic's are of our New G8 GT, No option car, cloth seats, no sunroof, 356HP LS3 engine, just the way I wanted it, cheap, Fast, and Fun!!!!

And the 78 Impala wagon is my summer Daily driver, I know it is not a Pontiac, but it was to good of a car to pass up, it hauls the car trailer fine, we can load the 2 Greyhounds and all our stuff and cruise in style. Powered by a 350 4bbl SBC, TH-350 trans, 3.08 Posi axle. It will get a 383 4bbl/700R4 transplant hopefully this winter when time and $$$$ Allow.

Lets try this again with pic's

looks like you need help. its [...img...] (pic here) [.../img...] minus the ... in the []

I really Like the Astre Formula myself, I do have all the parts I need to repair it, But it needs some magor work around the windshield, A and C pillers. And I don't know how to reproduce the Graphics. I am going to look at a Yellow one today, that is suposed to be in much better shape, with only some surface rust and a couple of pin holes in the drivers floor board. Plus is still has the original Paint, with Graphics!!!! Has a Tan Interior, and No Engine/Trans. This is the colors My Wife would prefer, and its original drive train already gone, I wouldn't fel so bad about putting a V-8 in it!!! I will take some pic's and post what I find.

The Pic I've posted this time is of the 73 Lemans Safari I bought to repair my 4-speed car. It came with a 350 2bbl/ TH-400 trans, and 2.56 open axle. The GTO style hood may or maynot be stock on it, It sure looked like it came on the car, as the car has original paint, and so does the hood. And with it faded equally who knows. I never spent the $50.00 to run the numbers on this car as it was destined to be cut up to save the 4-speed Wagon. The NACA hood was stock on the 73 GTO And Lemans GT, and available on any Lemans, or Grand Am. So it is possible it came with it. The hood will be going on the 4-speed Wagon, as will the rear window air deflector. I hope to spend some more time here, but work is nuts at the moment.

The Final 2 pic's are of our New G8 GT, No option car, cloth seats, no sunroof, 356HP LS3 engine, just the way I wanted it, cheap, Fast, and Fun!!!!

And the 78 Impala wagon is my summer Daily driver, I know it is not a Pontiac, but it was to good of a car to pass up, it hauls the car trailer fine, we can load the 2 Greyhounds and all our stuff and cruise in style. Powered by a 350 4bbl SBC, TH-350 trans, 3.08 Posi axle. It will get a 383 4bbl/700R4 transplant hopefully this winter when time and $$$$ Allow.

You can try contacting Stencils and Stripes Unlimited for the Formula graphics. They already reproduce the Formula graphic to the 76-78 Formula Firebirds, so they are familar with the style. Plus they reproduce graphics for the old Vega GTs. So they should be able to produce a scaled down version of the Forumla graphics for you.

http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/pr_pont_formula.asp

Ok lets try this again, it seemed to work the way I did it before, but I am trying as suggested P1020473.jpg

This should be my 78 Impala Wagon

This should be the engine compartment of my 69 Sprint Firebird at the end of a cam swap. Stroked 301 CI OHC-6, T-5, 4.11 posi 12 bolt.

nice. :cheers: if you look at the text under the pics on your album call "IMG Code", jus copy that link and paste it here.