Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chevy Cruze PS

Ringo64

ill keep the "chubbyness" in mind for when i finish mine. thats why i was asking you Mark about hood scoops in the Chat.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill keep the "chubbyness" in mind for when i finish mine. thats why i was asking you Mark about hood scoops in the Chat.

AH, makes sense!

• 3 weeks later...

well i was bored and had some time to turn it into a Pontiac. what would you guys call it if it were a Pontiac? Pontiac G8? Pontiac G-something? Pontiac something?

well i was bored and had some time to turn it into a Pontiac. what would you guys call it if it were a Pontiac? Pontiac G8? Pontiac G-something? Pontiac something?

G5.5 :P

• 2 weeks later...

so..im finally posting up the pics. let me know if you like them, or not.

i call it the...2011 G8 :P

with the LS3, auto or manual, optional SC or TC. :lol2:

PontiacPS.jpg?t=1275883195

and the GXP with the LS6, twin turbo, auto, manual or manumatic, optional AWD. :)

PontiacPS2.jpg?t=1275883195

Those LED strips remind me of Mercedes DRLs.

But a G8? These cars are about the size of the new Buick Regal. I'd say the Grand Am name would have been better, offer the turbo 2.4L as the base motor, and the LLT 3.6L DOHC V6 as the GT's motor, but the 2.4L turbo is still an option.

Of course, a six speed manual gearbox available for both motors, and AWD as well.

No, I'm not being biased. I dunno how'd Pontiac faithfuls would react if the G8 came back the size of a Regal. :indian:

Great chop Ghost!

call it the P26 = Pontiac est. date 1926 :lol2::indian:;)

• 1 month later...
Chevy Cruze SS, Anyone?

chevrolet-cruze-ss-illustration-front.jpg

chevrolet-cruze-ss-illustration-rear.jpg

Chevrolet is looking at two ways to "sport up" General Motors' Delta compact platform. The more radical idea involves all new, "four-door coupe"-style sheetmetal on the same platform as the 2011 Chevy Cruze compact. The car would retain the Cruze's wheelbase, but with a more rakish roofline that would sacrifice some back seat space for a more expressive design.

The idea would be to get a higher profit-margin car out of a relatively humble platform. It's comparable to what Mercedes-Benz did with its CLS four-door coupe -- a car that essentially raised the retail price of an E-Class-based car to near S-Class levels. A Cruze-based four-door coupe would theoretically serve as a step up toward the Camaro.

The more practical solution would be a Super Sport version of the Cruze. That entails suspension mods, of course, plus requisite trim upgrades and a high-pressure version of the 2.0-liter turbo along the lines of the 260-horsepower unit that powered the Pontiac Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Redline and the coming 255-horsepower Buick Regal GS.

Both the four-door coupe and the Cruze SS could take the larger Epsilon platform's all-wheel-drive system to mitigate torque steer. We're not likely to see the SS earlier than the '13 model year; the four-door coupe would take even longer. But of course, before either of them hits Chevy dealers, the priority is to do a high fuel-mileage Cruze XFE.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve...e_ss/index.html

Thats kinda hot!

:picard: