Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Body Kit concept

Hey guys,

this is kind of a photoshop thing but I figured it is also an exterior mod so move if it you think it belongs in the other section.

Some one should come up with a body kit for our cars that has not been built yet. I have been wanting to build a body kit just havent had any ideas!

Post up some pix and ideas!

Keith

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had the money to build this custom hood. :(

DSCJ1.jpg?t=1260085793

(chop by Ghost)

yup kinda like a old cowl hood or like the ones they put on the V series caddys.

Guest 4drfire

Something like that, you wanna cut and roll the center up and then welled in new side walls.

Molding ABS or glass to metal is never a great idea for long term.

keith

Thats would be a sweet hood , not over done but would get still get the looks foresure; i like that hood...

Something like that, you wanna cut and roll the center up and then welled in new side walls.

Molding ABS or glass to metal is never a great idea for long term.

keith

:(:o

I dont live that far from woody too. :lol2:

(A guy I know thats giving away a g6 hood for free.) I just dont know anyone to do it and dont have the money either, plus I dont have anywere to store it. :angry:

They make steel cowl pieces in various sizes. Get one, weld it in, filler everything smooth, paint.

steelhoods.com has a 2 1/4" Dominator universal steel cowl for $229. ebay has the same thing for $150.

scoop03_PU.jpg

Good idea but I dont think that kind would fit to the slop of the g6 hood well.(too flat and square IMO). I was thinking something wider and lower profile. My idea was/is to cut two lines in the hood most of the way down the hood. Starting at the windshield and stopping 5/8 inches or so at the front of the hood. By the windshield lets say it was (just for convo sake) 3ft wide and by the noise of the hood 2ft 11in wide. Then make two weg shapes for the sides to box it up. Also build a frame for the under structure to make it sturdy and hold its own weight well. I think doing it this way the top of the cowl hood would match the shape of the rest of the hood better.

• Founders

Good idea but I dont think that kind would fit to the slop of the g6 hood well.(too flat and square IMO). I was thinking something wider and lower profile. My idea was/is to cut two lines in the hood most of the way down the hood. Starting at the windshield and stopping 5/8 inches or so at the front of the hood. By the windshield lets say it was (just for convo sake) 3ft wide and by the noise of the hood 2ft 11in wide. Then make two weg shapes for the sides to box it up. Also build a frame for the under structure to make it sturdy and hold its own weight well. I think doing it this way the top of the cowl hood would match the shape of the rest of the hood better.

That would be a better idea than just welding it on, that way you actually also have the effects of the hood rather than just the look.

you should get that free hood. jus incase.

:D If I don't get a buyer for my stocker I may have my dad fab something up on his free time. B)

If I had the money to ship it to ya and pay you for your time, I would. B)

But im poor and I can only dream. :D

:D If I don't get a buyer for my stocker I may have my dad fab something up on his free time. ;)

can you mod it for me? B)