Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bandit Run 2016

mberns1

Hey all you Trans Am owners out there. Not sure if you seen but the cities and dates have been announced for this year's Bandit Run.  Finally coming close enough for me to join for a couple days.  May 28th-June 2 or 3rd I think.  Still no specific route or stops info out yet though. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I was just going to ask that. The Bandit Run is on the bucket list. I have to get the ol' girl running a little more reliably first. Let us know the dates and cities.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the route is now posted. It's great for us Midwesterner's.

Sandusky Ohio (aka Cedar Point)

Dayton Ohio (Museum of the U.S. Air Force - yes!)

Nashville, Indiana

Pontiac, Illinois (Pontiac-Oakland Museum Tour - yes! yes!)

Davenport, Iowa

http://thebanditrun.com/2016-run/schedule/

It starts Friday, May 27th.

A bearded, short, skinny Buford T. Justice - that would be some sight to see. Or should we just call you "Junior"?

Of course if you can get the Parisenne down here and painted to look like one of the cop cars in Smokey and the Bandit, I'm so in.

Does the Parisenne even run? I've not heard you talk about it in quite a long time.

She runs. I rebuilt the trans, installed it, and while getting ready to test it I blew out the brake lines. Simply haven't gotten enough free time on my calendar since to finish up the job and put her back to use. Unfortunately I stupidly forgot that the license bureau here doesn't use calendars. To save money I've been keeping her registered at parked. Not unusual for classic cars. Just have to trot to the bureau once every 364 days and replate her for the day. Unfortunately this year has 366 days .. I showed up a day late. My error's gonna cost me. Now she'll have to go in for a mechanical inspection.  That means all the little niggly bits that weren't all that important now are. Things like ... catalytic convertors.

Now she's gone from project on the back burner to dead weight taking up driveway space. (Said driveway not being where I live)  So the pressure is on high now. Either I make the time and get her done, or I have to bite the bullet and say good bye.

Edited by Professur

• 3 weeks later...

Smokey and the Bandit was on the late movie last night. Been spending an excessive amount of time browsing the web ... and a few things turned up.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/482166703826374220/

SatB II ... Buford T. Justice drove a gold-ish 1980 Bonneville. The front bumper and grill are different, but other than that ???

http://www.cafepress.ca/+sheriff_buford_t_justice_door_emblem_wall_decal,906996938

Door decals.

All I need is a licensed car and a gumball machine and some money for gas. And time.

• 4 weeks later...
Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.