Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Nevada G8

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcometothetribe-1.gif

and I fixed your 2nd image. :agreed:

great looking ride!!!! :cheers:

• Founders

Such an awesome car!! Wish I had one! White looks so good on it as well. Do they make White Dart Overlays? Should definitely do that if they do.

sorry... i have been googling over this picture for about 10 min... now that the blood has come back from my weiner and back to my brain i can talk....

all i can say is WOW!!!!

that sir is one of my dream cars... PLEASE PLEASE tell me it is a 6speed manual....

Got ManPedal?

:cheers:

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!

FWIW, I also have a "Frosty" (white) 2005 Vibe (my gas milage car).

Yes, the GXP does have a 6 speed manual tranny!! It also has the onyx interior. I bought her on March 31, 2009 at Centennial BPG in Las Vegas.

Currently she has about 4200 miles on the clock (summer car only). I have added the HSV triple hump gauges w/smoker's package, GM Accessories Carbon Fiber dash and steering wheel trim kit, "Klearz" clear/white side markers, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI and have done a partial debadge on her.

In the future I am planning headers, cat back and a tune at a minimum.

I am located in what is known as the "rurals". It is a small town called Ely.

Oh, and thanks for fixing the second pic!!

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and getting to know everyone.

Cheers!!

• Founders

Sounds like that G8 is gonna be killer!! Take care of that beast as well, its going to be the rarest thing ever in 10-15 years!

Keep us updated!

Mark, boonies is an understatement. One advantage is that the long empty Nevada highways were just made for spirited driving!! And I know what you mean about price. On some of the G8 specific boards, people are reporting that used G8s are selling for new prices!! I got lucky, I bought about 10 days before they killed Pontiac, and it was the last day of the month. They were hungry so I got an incredible deal (and 0% financing). I'd like to say it was my negotiating skills, but I'd be lying. LOL

Yeah Ringo, she's a garage queen and only fair weather driven. I have all of the original parts and will keep them as I know that adds value as well. I really just plan on keeping her and enjoying driving and working on her. Oh, and FWIW, they only built 1829 GXPs before they were discontinued, so I guess rare is an understatement.

Want want want want want want want want want want want want.

Can I haz nao?

Since it's white, you should use the Holden Commodore VXR8 Bathurst stripes on the hood. I'd find a pic, but I'm on my blackberry. Google it, and you'll see.

Mark, boonies is an understatement. One advantage is that the long empty Nevada highways were just made for spirited driving!! And I know what you mean about price. On some of the G8 specific boards, people are reporting that used G8s are selling for new prices!! I got lucky, I bought about 10 days before they killed Pontiac, and it was the last day of the month. They were hungry so I got an incredible deal (and 0% financing). I'd like to say it was my negotiating skills, but I'd be lying. LOL

Yeah, I know. I'm on G8board and Grrr8. I'm still keeping an eye out though. :welcomeFP:

i think my uncle that passed used to live in Ely. I'll have to make sure though. Ely is out there! lol.

LMAO.. It sure is!! Using the ubiquitous Walmart as a gauge, the closest one in 180 miles away in Elko. Want Costco or a shopping mall, try 240 miles away in either Salt Lake City or Las Vegas. It isn't as bad as it sounds though. In fact, car shopping can be quite good because we have the Salt Lake area to the east, Las Vegas to the south, Reno/Carson City to the east and Twin Falls, ID to the north. All of them are a good drive, but the selection is usually good!!

Oh, and sorry to hear about your uncle.