Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The official Baseball Thread!

jgarcia05

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Sox > Yankees

True story

fixed it for you. you must have gotten confused when you typed it.

You're both wrong, it's Rays > Yankees & Red Sox.

yea when you have billions to piss away you can buy anything. :lol2:

It take 3 to 4 teams to = the Yankees payrole. :P

yea when you have billions to piss away you can buy anything. :lol2:

It take 3 to 4 teams to = the Yankees payrole. :P

I expected that. Money doesn't always buy championships.

What about back in the 40's? 50's? They weren't loaded with cash like today, yet...they still won title after title.

Besides, the Yanks were in a slump for 01-08. Even with money, a team can struggle. But time and time again, the Yanks come back.

Again, who has 26 championship wins?

]' date='Apr 6 2010, 10:45 AM' post='20052']

Well, why have both the Yanks and Sox won more WS titles?

:ninja:

This is easy...

The Yankees and the Red Sox were established in 1901, while the Rays are only 12 years old. The Yank's payroll was $208,097,414 for 2009 and the Sox was $122,435,399, while the Rays payroll was a sad $68,230,934. I would say we are holding our own quite well considering.

Food for though, the Yankees first visit to the World Series was in 1921, 20 years after their birth, it only took us 10.

i'll give you the 26 championships and they also hold the record for the biggest choak job EVER. :lol2:

choke.gif

priceless-yankees.jpg

2004%20yankee%20choke.jpg

All them championships and everyone still hates you..... Fail your doing it wrong. :lol2:

Sox have the most fains out of any ball team and the biggest following all over the country. your doing it right. :P

• Founders
' date='Apr 6 2010, 11:26 AM' post='20063']

Once again, make fun of us when you can win more than two titles ever 80 years. :lol2:

26 wins. It still stands whether you like it or not.

But the question is how many have you won in the last decade? I can bring up stats about the past that can make any team look bad. Lets talk about the last 10 years. Red Sox -2, Yankees -1 and oh 2 nights ago I think we came back to win 9-7 was it? :P

On the Rays, I got to give it to them they are looking good but the problem is everybody is Florida is such a bandwagon fan. I've never seen so many Rays fans in my life till the started to do good, then they all disappeared again. When you're a Red Sox fan, you're a Red Sox fan for life! Doesn't help the Rays either that every single time I've gone to a Red Sox Vs. Rays game, its 90% Red Sox fans, 5% Rays fans and 5% I got these tickets for free so whatever. As well as we have crushed them! I need to go to more Red Sox games I feel and maybe we'll do better.

On the Rays, I got to give it to them they are looking good but the problem is everybody is Florida is such a bandwagon fan. I've never seen so many Rays fans in my life till the started to do good, then they all disappeared again. When you're a Red Sox fan, you're a Red Sox fan for life! Doesn't help the Rays either that every single time I've gone to a Red Sox Vs. Rays game, its 90% Red Sox fans, 5% Rays fans and 5% I got these tickets for free so whatever. As well as we have crushed them! I need to go to more Red Sox games I feel and maybe we'll do better.

I must say, it is the biggest PITA to get to the Trop, Tampa traffic, St. Pete traffic...

As far as loyalty, if the Sox had 10 seasons at the bottom, their fans wouldn't show up either. You are talking apples to oranges, a team with history against a team without, not to mention, Florida is filled with so many New Yorkers (myself included) that we are just south New York.

Now that we have a real team, and talks of a better located stadium... I can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Armed and Dangerous: Tampa Bay Rays Are Wreaking Havoc in the AL

Insurance claims agents stand by. Baltimore, Boston, and Chicago are in need of disaster relief.

A tornado known as the Tampa Bay Rays has just laid waste to three stadiums in three different cities. Like a huge wrecking ball, the Rays have been demolishing anything in their path.

It doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon.

After a team-record 9-1 road trip, the Rays return home to face the Toronto Blue Jays. Matt Garza, looking like a early Cy Young contender, is seeking his AL-leading fourth win. Garza leads a rotation that boasts the best ERA in baseball.

Garza and company are backed by one of the most dynamic lineups in the game—speed at the top, power in the middle, and no easy out at the bottom. Carl Crawford is gunning for his first Gold Glove. Evan Longoria was a preseason pick by many as a potential MVP candidate.

In the name of Joe Maddon's hoodie, even Pat Burrell is on pace for 97 RBI.

Andrew Friedman, the Rays' general manager, is also playing at an All-Star level, locking up one of the Rays' building blocks, the versatile Ben Zobrist, to a deal that keeps him in Tampa Bay through the 2015 season.

B.J. Upton is looking fully recovered from his shoulder problems. Wade Davis looks like a front runner for AL Rookie of the Year. Rafael Soriano, who converted two saves in one day against Boston, appears to be worth every penny.

This mixture has added up to a dynamic demolition crew.

Very quickly the Rays have identified themselves as the clear No. 2 team in baseball and have their sights set on New York. The AL East is going to be exciting again. It's going to be a two-team race again.

But the second team wasn't the one identified by many before the year began.

The Tampa Bay Rays demolition crew—coming to a city near you.

Wait... wha?

GO RAYS! :lol2:

• 1 month later...
  • Founders

Anyone see the Red Sox game and Buchholz's shut out? I missed it but what a great game 11-0 against the Orioles! Buchholz you get the pride of knowing your the only recruit in Red Sox history I was ever wrong about bringing up.

• Founders

Amazing game today for Daniel Nava! Being called up from AAA to play today for the Red Sox and his first major league at bat and pitch was a GRAND SLAM!! Then he also played great defense and also hit a double!

Amazing kid, hope he continues to do well and gets a shot in the majors!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm, baseball huh? What can I whore in here??? Oh, yeah, here is the reason I don't do baseball:

When I was a sophomore in high school, I was dating this chick while I lived in Arizona, and her parents hooked us up with Diamondback tickets. Game was great, thought I could get into it, until we left. As we headed out of the park, they were hitting baseballs into the outfield for people to collect, and one of those f$%^ers hit a foul ball... Needless to say, my left knee was targeted by this ball, and I got pummeled before I had a chance to get out the gate... So morale to story is this, BASEBALL SUCKS!!!

• 10 months later...
  • Founders

Ok since the Red Sox didn't make the postseason :( I'm glad both the Yankees and the Rays lost!! :agreed: So none of my friends have room to talk :lol:

As well go Cards!! Definitely want them to go all the way seeing as I lived in St. Louis for just over a year.